Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman 94 back on VC
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:36 am  Reply with quote + 
I killed more hours playing Mega Bomberman on the Sega Genesis than I can recall since we didn't have a TurboGrafx 16, let alone means to play the PCEngine versions of the games. I played it on the Sega Channel first, every month it was an option to download to the modem cart. For those of you unfamiliar with the Sega Channel, it was a cable TV option where they shat sega genesis games, demos, and rare game type stuff sometimes down the coaxial line into this pretty massive adapter that sat inside your Sega Genesis cart slot. You could only have one game on the cart at a time, and when you reset or turned the console off it would reset the Sega Channel software. It was flaky at times though and would lock up while sending data, or while you were playing sometimes. Then if it would not load games, you'd have to call Time Warner in our case, and have them reset the adapter from their offices. I probably had to call around 5-6 times over the year plus we had it. Lived up near Syracuse then, so I don't know where all this option was given to cable companies. I was told by people in the know that a large amount of these adapters were purposely destroyed when they shut down Sega Channel. Probably to avoid them being hacked into flashrom carts or backup devices somehow by the Internet wizards. We actually had Sega Channel before we had the Internet or a computer.

Anyways, when they axed Sega Channel or we dropped it from the package to save money, I bought Mega Bomberman on clearance from Kaybee Toys. Best $20 I ever spent despite the manual not being in color! I would love a version of it from North America that did not say greatest hits, and had a full color manual. :( I have SFC Super Bomberman 3 but have not played it as much as Mega Bomberman/Bomberman '94 for some reason. Both on the real cart and in the emulators. I exposed a lot of people to Bomberman by playing this in battlemode. People I knew liked the choices of bombers better than the SNES versions for some reason.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2170s
Index - Back to Top