Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#41  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, glad to find out that the whole cyborg thing wasn't just an addition by English translators. I'm really impressed at how accurately they translated it! Everything's up to par, even the monsters' names (technically the Mini Bomber life-up is named Chibi Bomber and the yellow headphones guy's name is... well, I'm not sure). So yeah, makes the Max story as interesting as I thought it was as well.

I'm not sure what the humanizing of the Bomberman species is supposed to mean... I mean, I don't know if they were trying to move into having them as a species on their own world rather than robots, but keeping the same storyline and hoping nobody noticed or cared, or if it's just a stylistic change. After all, in Neo Bomberman you still see the regular Bombermen's visors shut off when they get blown up. And the intro to 64 TSA has Bomberman's visor shut off when he gets knocked unconscious and sucked into the black hole.

As for the name again... between the way it's written and the looks of the characters they're definately one of those N-Man Team sorts of things, you know where they all have different colors and specialties and even get into a combined mecha formation. If we shortened it to make it easier to say, it'd probably be most accurate as "_ Bomber 5", but that's just me. Unfortunately it turns out as one of those things that can be translated in multiple ways.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1558s
Index - Back to Top