Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#39  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think probably you're right about Bagura, he wants Bomberman so he can make his own soldiers even more powerful, and by the way Plasma Bomber talks (that fourth panel, whatever he's saying he seems to be comparing himself to Shiro though I could be wrong) they'd probably also "reprogram" Bomberman to make him join their side.

As for the name of the group, it's:

凶悪ボンバ-5人衆

凶悪 is a generic word for evil, fiendish, brutal, bad, etc. Which I hate, I wish it would be in Romaji. :down: 

ボンバ- is "Bomber"

5 is... well, duh :hilarious: 

and 人衆 is "[n] man-team", where 5 gets plugged in as the [n]

So whatever the evil adjective is, it's followed by "Bomber 5 man-team". I don't know why I kept putting "group", I guess I'm just an idiot! :hilarious: 

As for retcons and all, who knows. Earth and Planet Bomber are not the same though, because I'm pretty sure Planet Bomber is often described as being in places like "Bomber Nebula" or "the other side of the galaxy/universe". Kind of funny that you should say that, though, because Serkol and I joked about how Earth and Planet Bomber were the same AND Bombermen were all complete robots AND complete living organisms as well. In any case, the storylines of several mainstream storyline Bomberman games up to SB2 have something to do with Bomberman being a robot (first one, Kuro is defective and Shiro goes after him, then in SB1 the two scientists want to make evil robot Bombermen, then in SB2 Bagura wants a Shiro of his own).

EDIT: Looking at the manual the boss/stage guide seems to contain the same text... except for some strange numbers and such about the bosses, which I at first took to be stats, but as I looked into it I found Japanese names and ages... knowing I'd heard something about numbers of kids relating to the Super Bomberman 2 credits, I Googled it up and re-found this: http://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/super-bomberman-2/credits

I wonder if there was some sort of contest or something that Hudson held to determine what the 5 villains for the next Bomberman game would be.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1227s
Index - Back to Top