Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Distance Awareness
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:47 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm pretty sure I know why it does that - I had the same problem the first time I was working on a Bomberman engine. When the bomb explodes, it probably checks the fire-up count of the player who created it (as we know in other Bomberman games where the game keeps track of who fragged who, bombs are probably assigned in some fashion to the player who set them). I doubt that when the fire-up panel is collected, the player sends the updated variable to the bomb. I don't recall very many Bomberman games working like this so personally I think that in this instance (in Bomberman '93 at least) it was probably just done by accident, since other Bomberman games at the time didn't work like that, at least not to my memory.

In any case, back on topic, you've got a valid point there kirby - unfortunately people like me can't remember how much fire we have after a certain point, but I guess that's what makes it an advantage for those who can.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1187s
Index - Back to Top