BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Here it is!
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#25  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Do the stages really take that long? O_o
Ish. It varies; a match against weak forces can be over relatively quickly, though "relatively quickly" generally means no less than five minutes. Once you start reaching the border stages you can expect to be spending around half an hour. You can imagine how much fun it is to spend that much time on a level and then die, thus wasting all your time. Of course, playing it on a slow-ass PAL Saturn certainly didn't help matters. :/
Dark Zaphe wrote:
I've verified that all the villains' names are correct now (except Bagular, they call him "Burglar" >_<)
The UK manual calls him Buggler. Argh! Though the US version was published by Atlus, who also covered Fantasy Race, so at least they got it consistent. The European version of World was actually published by Sony themselves, of all people.
Dark Zaphe wrote:
(Merchant, Witch, Fairy, Hero, Ninja, Bishop, Monk... no "Akindo" O_o)
"Akindo" is the UK manual's name for the Merchant, despite the fact everyone else is translated correctly. He's the first character listed and it's blatant as day, the "Bomber" part of his title being a prefix rather than a suffix and all. It irks me!
Dark Zaphe wrote:
However, since you mentioned the worlds being named "Stars" again... I'm uncertain as to whether or not the worlds are named correctly here. It just calls them generic things - Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Dark Worlds (Maybe English translators just have something against the original namings of the planets? It happened with SB3...)
I really wish I knew what the hell they were thinking with the manual names, because, seriously, they actually do provide two names for it, and neither are accurate to what's presented in the game.
Dark Zaphe wrote:
If you want anything else from it, I can do that though.
I admit it'd be neat to have the descriptions of stuff transcribed, just for the sake of completism (I'm really finicky about sources of information these days!). I've transcribed the good bits of the UK manual, I just need my FTP access to start working again so I can upload it.
Dark Zaphe wrote:
But now I'm curious... Did the European version get its own different voice actors, or are they the same?
I thought they had only changed the voice of Bomberman and the announcer, but apparently every character's got a new voice, and some new lines! I believe the European version was a fresh translation from the original Japanese, rather than just using the American one (different publishers, of course). The American version has its own unique passwords, but the European game uses the same passwords as the Japanese version. And it has a langauge select. Could be worth checking if the sounds are different. Very doubtful, though.

Here's a few samples (I would've gotten more but I was really hoping to find the sound data and rip it all from there, but no dice, I hate recording sounds from gameplay :{ )
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8WS7598D
Bomberman's voice is... well, yeah. Squealing "mistake!" while bursting was an in-joke among my friends for a while. I much, much prefer Earth Bomber's UK voice ("feeeeeeeeeel the power, Bombaman!"), though neither of Cyclone's voices are any good, I feel. The US voice is very bland, while the UK voice is always painfully British (and how does one catch a cyclone?).
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1290s
Index - Back to Top