Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#30  Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Bomberman 94 will be out on the European Virtual Console within the month. I'll let you know if he's mentioned as soo as I can read its manual.

I've got it and from the manual they gave us (which is probably incomplete anyway), I don't recall it having a story section.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Dammit! I was hoping we would finally find out for sure what it is they shout!

Haha, I know, right?

As for the enemies, there is really no room for them to fit on the page anyway since they detail all of the traps.

Duke Serkol wrote:
I don't know Japanese, but wouldn't "obtain" make more sense than "capture" in that context?

I don't know. I'm assuming he wants to conquer the future, like he was going about capturing planets before.

Oh hey, I was working on translating Golem Bomber's bio from Saturn Bomberman Fight!!, I'll post it here later. I'll do Baguro's next. It definately mentions Professor Bagura in it because I recognize the kana.

EDIT: Here's Golem Bomber's bio from Saturn Bomberman Fight!! I know it's not a perfect translation, but it gets the message across:

ゴ-レムボンバ-
Golem Bomber

かつて, プロフェツサ-バグラ-が作ら出した
凶悪ボンバ-五人衆の一人. 頭が少し悪く,
行動が鈍い. 気は優しくて, 力持ち.

凶悪ボンバ-五人衆の一人であったゴ-レムボンバ-は, ボ
ンバ-マンに負けあと, 森の中にさまよい, つい動けなく
なってしまう. そんなゴ-レムボンバ-に, 森を通りかかった
まみが, 一所懸命に看病し, 次第にゴ-レムボンバ-は, 人の
暖かさを感じ, まみと母親と幸せに暮らす. しかし, まみの母
親が病に倒れてしまう. そんな中, ゴ-レムボンバ-は, 望み
を一つ叶えてくれるという大会がある事を知り, まみより先に
母親の病気を値してもらうため, 大会に出場する.

A member of the Five Fiendish Bombers who were once created by Professor Bagura. His head is a little bad, and his behavior is slow. He has the heart of a gentle strongman.

So it was that Golem Bomber of the Five Fiendish Bombers, after being defeated by Bomberman, wanders around in the forest and accidentally becomes paralyzed. In the forest Mami happened along and with the utmost effort nursed him to health, gradually Golem Bomber feels the warmth of her personality, and lives with Mami and her mother happily. However, Mami's mother falls ill. Golem Bomber, knowing about a tournament that would grant one wish, in order to repay Mami and her mother by curing the illness, participates in the tournament.

* Notes: Firstly, as for the "head is a little bad" statement, I'm not sure if this means that he only has a little evil in him, or if it is supposed to be taken that his head is a little bad in that he's kind of slow. The translation for that word was "evil" or "bad" though.

Also, when it says he wants to repay Mami and her mother, it technically says that he is doing this in order to be worthy of them, or so it seemed to read.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1347s
Index - Back to Top