BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman SHOULD HAVE Been In Brawl.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#20  Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
I didn't say anything about them promising 2-3 third party characters. All I said was that the Smash blog said that there would probably be a maximum of 2-3 third party characters. That's not the same thing as making a promise.

Somebody else said that. I responded to all posts at once.

Quote:
Why would Nintendo need to say anything at all about that though? All Nintendo felt was necessary was announcing what would be in the game. I doubt people would really want to know what wouldn't make the cut unless it was originally supposed to be a part of a game in the first place. This applies for just about anything else, really.

Not Nintendo. Mr. Sakurai. He basically said everything about the game's development, and nowhere did he ever mention anything about Geno. No idea where people are picking up the prospect of him being in the game at all outside of a few votes on that poll.

Quote:
Not that I necessarily disagree with that, but I doubt Nintendo would go and throw in another character instead of the one they originally wanted in the first place. That'd be almost the same thing as Sega saying they wouldn't allow Sonic to be in the game, but would allow Alex Kidd instead (obviously that was only a example, but you get the point). Why would Nintendo go with a unwanted substitute over their original choice?

Who said Nintendo even wanted Geno? I'm saying that if Nintendo and Square were to ever talk about putting one of Square's characters in SSB, there's a good solid chance Square doesn't have Geno in mind. It's not their position to determine what Square gives them, even if they did ask for Geno.

Quote:
Well yeah. Square helped develop Mario RPG. They obviously have some rights to the game. With that in mind, Nintendo had to give credit for Geno's appearance in M&L. If you saw something that belonged to you being used in something like that, you'd want some credit too, wouldn't you? If Nintendo just went and included that cameo without giving any sort of credit to Square, Square could go and take it to court for breaking copyright laws and that'd just be a problem on Nintendo's part.

They kept the rights to everything in SMRPG. It was pretty much all their doing save for Mr. Miyamoto's guidance and whatnot. I only brought this up because it means Square would be the ones who decide if Nintendo uses Geno at all in anything.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1391s
Index - Back to Top