BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman SHOULD HAVE Been In Brawl.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm just responding to different statements, so don't take any of it personally. I'm just speaking my mind.

Man-Frog wrote:
They didn't exactly promise 2-3. In the end we got 2.

I didn't say anything about them promising 2-3 third party characters. All I said was that the Smash blog said that there would probably be a maximum of 2-3 third party characters. That's not the same thing as making a promise.

Man-Frog wrote:
I highly doubt Geno was ever intended to be in the game at all. If he were, I'm pretty sure they'd have said something. If anything, Mega Man had the next spot but they never called Mr. Inafune, otherwise he'd have gladly let them use him.

Why would Nintendo need to say anything at all about that though? All Nintendo felt was necessary was announcing what would be in the game. I doubt people would really want to know what wouldn't make the cut unless it was originally supposed to be a part of a game in the first place. This applies for just about anything else, really.

Man-Frog wrote:
Besides, if Square were to let Nintendo use one of their characters in SSB, there's no chance in hell they'd waste their spot on another Mario character.

Not that I necessarily disagree with that, but I doubt Nintendo would go and throw in another character instead of the one they originally wanted in the first place. That'd be almost the same thing as Sega saying they wouldn't allow Sonic to be in the game, but would allow Alex Kidd instead (obviously that was only a example, but you get the point). Why would Nintendo go with a unwanted substitute over their original choice?

Man-Frog wrote:
Square kept all the characters that are unique to SMRPG. That's why you never see them anymore. They even had to give Square credit for that one cameo Geno had in M&L1.

Well yeah. Square helped develop Mario RPG. They obviously have some rights to the game. With that in mind, Nintendo had to give credit for Geno's appearance in M&L. If you saw something that belonged to you being used in something like that, you'd want some credit too, wouldn't you? If Nintendo just went and included that cameo without giving any sort of credit to Square, Square could go and take it to court for breaking copyright laws and that'd just be a problem on Nintendo's part.

Man-Frog wrote:
Seriously, Geno isn't that cool. What's all the fuss about him anyway?

That's just your opinion and nothing more. While I could go and explain what I thought was neat about Geno as a character and as a party member, it'd be a waste of time because it all comes down to a matter of opinion and preference in the end.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1353s
Index - Back to Top