Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, about Sibaloon, I forgot to reply. Yeah, that probably is what it means, but I found it interesting that it bears the same name as the Karabon Sibaloon, which appears in Bomberman Story/Tournament (maybe others too).

Super Bomberman 4
^ For reference on the page

Anyway, I'm back to translating, and for some reason I started to work on the Super Bomberman 4 manual, so here's what I have. For each panel/section, I'll post the Japanese first, then my translation. For some, they are fuzzy or nonexistant, so please help out with things I'm unsure of if you'd like to.

STORY MANGA

Page 4
[Panel 1 - Shiro and Kuro sleeping in the shuttle]

戦いの日々に追わる
ボンバ-マンたちは,
つかの間の休息を楽しみ
その帰路についていた...

After pursuing evil, Bomberman enjoyed a moment of rest in his everyday life of battles and was on the return route...

[Panel 2 - 4 energy comets flying at the shuttle]

そのシャトルに
忍び寄る,
あやしい4つの光...

Approaching the shuttle in stealth, 4 suspicious lights...

[Panel 3 - Shuttle exploding, Shiro, Kuro, Honey, & Kotetsu fall into black hole, no text]

[Panel 4 - Shiro waking up on dirt]

ブラックホ-ルに
吸い込まわた
ボンバ-マンたちが
たどりついた場所は...

Inhaled by the black hole, Bomberman arrives in a crowded place...

**** Need a second opinion on this one, "crowded" doesn't make sense...

[Panel 5 - Surprised Shiro sees a dinosaur and volcano, red text]

ナント,
原始時代!

What,
prehistoric times!

Page 5

[Panel 6 - Great Bomber speaks to Shiro through the void]
ワタシノナハ
ボンバ-マン-ト.
過去ヲカエ,オマエ
タチノ未来ヲ
ソウサスル.
ソレガ, バグラ-
サマノ意志ダ!

**** I don't really have any idea what is said here. He calls Bagura "Bagura-sama-to" and seems to mention a search or operation and Bagura's intention, which seem to have something to do with capture. Or I could be totally wrong. In any case it's probably the most important panel in the comic, story-wise.

[Panel 7 - Shiro fights his way through the second world]

BOOM

[Panel 8 - Shiro and Kuro dive into a portal, text is on a white caption box]

時空を超えて,
バグラ-の野望を
再び阻止するんだ!

Passing through space-time, Bagura's ambitions are foiled again!

**** Fuzzy on this one

[Panel 9 - Image of Bagura behind the evil Bombers posing, Shiro and Kuro jump out of an explosion looking determined]

未来を守るたぬ,
バグラ-に負けるわけには
いかないんだ!!

Protect the future, it seems impossible but defeat Bagura no matter what!!

****Also fuzzy on this, mostly since I don't know what Great Bomber said.

NORMAL MODE
Now for the normal mode pages. This is from the first one, covering the first world.

Page 12

[Normal Stage]

[Stage 1
げんし時代]
[Stage 1
Primeval Era]

ごつごつとした岩
やつり橋がきわだ
つステ-ジ.恐竜,
土偶などいかにも
古い時代の敵キャラが出現するそ.

Rugged stage with rocks and suspension bridges. Dinosaurs, earthen figures and similar enemies of this old age appear.

**** Could use a double check

[トラップ ]
[Traps]

[落石]
[Falling Rocks]
画面外から落下してく
る岩に接触すると取得したアイテ
ムをばらまいています.
When these rocks fall out from the sides of the screen onto you, items you have are scattered.

[ウッホのアジト]
[Uggho Safe house/hideout]
敵キヤラのウッホが
次々と複 活. 炎 (爆風) を数回
当てることで爆破可能だ.
Uggho enemies exit one after another as you defeat them. With several blasts it is possible to destroy it.

**** The enemy's name is "Utuho", "Utu" means a pained exclamation like "oof" or "ugh", the latter which is a sound often attributed to cavemen, which is why I translated the name as such.

[[乗り物になる 敵キヤラ]]
[[Ridable Enemies]]

**** Actual Japanese name is like "Enemy which becomes the vehicle" or something similar.

トリケラトプス
Triceratops
ゆつくりと歩い
ているが, あな
どわない奴だ.
Walks slowly, but trapping it pays off.
特殊能力=貫通ボム
Special Ability = Pierce Bomb

**** Descriptive text should be accurate, unsure though. I wrote "pays off" since it seems to mention a victory which involves a big payoff, which I took to mean if you defeat the monster you get to ride it.

アンゴラ
Angler
地中にもぐり, ソ
フトブロックをす
り抜けてくる.
Dives underground, slips through Soft Blocks.
特殊能力=ブロック通過
Special Ability = Block Passage

[[BOSS]]
原始機銃ドグ-ン
Primeval Machine Gun Dogu-n
ダナ-ジを受けるたびに
頭から炎の球飛ばして
攻撃してくるぞ. 炎は通
路を動きまわり, 爆弾を
爆発させたり, アイテム
を燃やしてしまう.
ボンバ-四天王
It parries your attacks each time by throwing fireballs from its head. The flame moves and turns through passages, detonating bombs and burning items.

**** For the name, "Dogu" means an earthen/clay figure; the name sounds better in Japanese since you can't really put an "n" at the end of the English meaning.

CHARACTERS
Although the characters all appear in the Battle Mode section, I'll be putting Hammer Bomber's description here. Also:

ボンバ-四天王
Bomber Shitennou/Four Deva Bombers

I know it's been mentioned that they're the "Bomber Shitennou", but... why not Four Deva Bombers?

Anyway.

ハンマ-ボンバ-
Hammer Bomber
ハンマ-を振り回し, 力任せに攻撃し
てくる暴わん坊. 回転の大きさは変化
するが移動速度わらない. 特殊能
力は無制限で使えるそ. ステ-ジ1の
中ボスとしても登場.
Swings his hammer with all his might and strikes. Size of revolution changes with velocity. The use of this special ability is limitless. Appears as the Stage 1 mid-boss.

**** I believe I got the jist of his description.

EDIT: Also, I'm wondering what might be the best fonts to use for the manual. Here are some scans from the manga and the Normal Mode pages for reference on what they looked like originally.
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9877/sb4manualpieceh.png
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2564/sb4manualpiece2.png

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:26 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1832s
Index - Back to Top