Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: How is everybody doing?
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#74  Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Is the world all black and white to you?
No, with that metaphor, I would say that everything is white.

Quote:
Ambiguity is everywhere.
No, ambiguity exists only in the minds of those who desire ambiguity. Just as simplicity and clarity exist only in the minds of those who seek clarity.

Quote:
The classical physicists thought that they had things figured out
This is incorrect.
Quote:
Does the word artificial mean anything to you? Honestly? And how can you fail to recognize that we have a much higher mental capacity than animals? Is nothing creative to you?
I do not believe in a free will. Our minds are like computers, which do as they are programmed, and the programming is 100% genetic and environmental. Our self programming is just a reflection of these prior two; the genetics and environment determine how we program ourselves.
Quote:
Unfortunately, that's not like BOMB at all, though.
I am guilty of spending more time day dreaming about women than talking to them.
Quote:
From what little I know of you, you seem way too wrapped up in yourself and how better you are than people who don't agree with you.
To the contrary, I have said that I find beauty in every man and every action. I have not called anyone or anything meaningless.

Quote:
And the ant -does- work for the colony, because it chooses to. Why else would ants bring food back to the queen, and take care of the queen's eggs, and do all the other tasks an ant does for its colony?
As I said, I do not believe in free will, but this is much clearer at the level of ants. Ants have small brains. They are not self aware. The cooperation of the ants is like the cooperation of the molecules in a hurricane. And our own cooperation is no different.

Quote:
We do not have the instinct to design and manufacture computers.
But we do have the instinct to continually invent and manufacture new things. And we have the instinct to continually increase and pass on knowledge from generation to generation.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1368s
Index - Back to Top