Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: How is everybody doing?
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#68  Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:10 am  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
The past is exactly that, the past and it only becomes more so over time. We don't have to accept things from the past as we're continually moving forward in time, and our moving forward can be treating something as if it never happened- while facing the present and future reality that we live in.

True.

When I say "one must" I do not mean it 100% literally. I might say that a man whose course is blocked by a tree must walk around it. What I really mean is that any other course of action is futile. He could push on the tree until he died, he could give up, or he could try to bypass the tree by climbing over it. So what? I think it fair to say that he must walk around the tree with the implication that otherwise his behavior is foolish.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
That's not the point, the point is that we do not have a hive mind.

The ants do not have a hive mind either; they do not realize what they are doing; they just do it; just as we do. Sure, humans have a self awareness, but ultimately this is not an isolated factor. Self awareness and a logical mind are lost without preferences. And all preferences are ultimately founded upon our natural instincts. Otherwise, why would we say that anything is bad or good?

Quote:
Everything is not natural.
Then what is it? Again, we clearly define natural differently. I define natural as that which exists. So anything unnatural or supernatural by definition does not exist.

Nature is matter and energy. A rock is natural. A landslide killing a bunch of little kids is natural.

Quote:
There are insignificant differences in the brain that can be overridden.
These differences are no different than the physical differences. Some women are taller, more athletic, etc. Some men have larger breasts than some women. Many women can override the trend of lesser strength through strenuous exercise, nutrition, etc. Some women are unable to give birth. Some men are unable to fertilize a woman.

Who cares? When comparing groups, these exceptions do not make the trends which differentiate the groups less meaningful. Women are women. Men are men. Variation exists.

Anyone who has studied neuroscience knows that hormones are significant.

Quote:
What does time have to do with anything?
I only mentioned it because you had already brought it up.

Quote:
And how are meaningless relationships beautiful at all?
I am not the one calling them meaningless. I am saying that they are meaningful - they just are not what you consider ideal.

Quote:

What is truly beautiful in connection with pain or suffering?

So you do not see it.

One must first overcome one's fear and distaste for these things in order to see the beauty. Read this: http://classics.mit.edu/Antoninus/meditations.html . It will help you to understand many things. And it was written by a successful roman emperor.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1611s
Index - Back to Top