BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Photo of my bomberman pile.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#34  Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
Duke Serkol wrote:
I can never get over how loltastic it is that they used Bomberking's artwork for the original Bomberman (both American NES and the GBA re-release)

Well, it isn't just the artwork. There are a couple similar characters, and

Uh... guys, you do realize Bomberking IS a Bomberman game, right?
The starring character is a Bomberman with a fancier helmet and breastplate + shoulder pads (see the ending if you don't believe me), and Hudson actually lists it among Bomberman games on their site.
Anyway, what I meant was that Hudson simply puts the wrong cover on the game. Would be the same thing if they used the cover of Bomberman Quest.

DragonBomber wrote:
The crystal podiums you normally see stationary but other times see creeping around in Bomberman '94/Mega Bomberman, appear as an enemy in the first level of NES RoboWarrior/Famicom Bomber King.

I can see a little resemblance, but I'm not sure it was intentional.

I wish someone would translate the Japanese manual of the game.
Considering that in the GB version the last boss is
Spoiler:
a giant version of the main character,
I'm pretty sure when the American manual says the leader of the enemy army is a cyborg like the starring character it really was, in Japanese, a
Spoiler:
Bomberman(/king) like the starring character (even though in the NES version he's a giant disembodied head).

With that said... awesome! Your friend managed to find the Japanese cover of Bomberking Scenario 2! I've looked everywhere for it!
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1221s
Index - Back to Top