BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Saturn Bomberman Fight! Shirobon Story Mode (translation)
Bomber D Rufi
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
http://mangahelpers.com/t/bomberdrufi/releases/9746

Forgot to post it here ^^;;; Kurobon's translation is done! I'll probably do at least two or three of these this week so stay tuned!

Ragey wrote:
Oh, wow - great stuff! I really wasn't expecting anything to come from those videos so quickly! And although vaguely related, I love hearing about the thought process made when translating something - I have zero language skills and do nothing more than very basic translations (though I've been giving a shot at translating a five-page French comic, just as a test to see how I fare), but hearing of what goes on behind it just interests me a lot.

Regarding the discussion of how a translation should be done, I can understand Razon's point of retaining how the original sentence is structured, but since I'm a bit of a language nerd, I also like languages to be used 'properly' (for lack of a less-derogative term!). I'd say the examples you gave would be more of a transliteration, which, of course, is more or less how the original sentence was structured, but I prefer Rufi's work due to simply working like an English sentence should. The same meaning is supplied with both, but the transliteration often leaves me going "buh?"
Of course, this is coming from the person with self-proclaimed zero language skills. I shouldn't butt in!

You're more than welcome too. Sorry for not replying sooner...I sign up so many fourms and forget about my membership. :-P It's probably better to reach me on Youtube. But feel free to use them as you see fit.

Might I use the translations for my Saturn Bomberman Fight!! shrine, when it's finished, Rufi? I'll probably tinker around with them a touch, but I'll give you full credit, of course. It'd also be convenient to have the original text transcribed for anyone who wants to make use of it, or whatever, if it's not too much to ask. I'll be sure to record more story modes soon enough!

You're more than welcome too. Sorry for not replying sooner...I sign up so many fourms and forget about my membership. :-P It's probably better to reach me on Youtube. But feel free to use them as you see fit.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1698s
Index - Back to Top