Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:12 am  Reply with quote + 
I hate to go kind of off-topic on my first post (hi guys!), but I've been aiming to translate the meaty chunks of Saturn Bomberman Fight!! for quite some time, though being yet another person who has little knowledge of the language doesn't exactly make it an easy task. I've scanned the manual and translated the name of every character (though some, like Dentai, I don't quite understand the meaning behind it, and my romanisation is probably sloppy. I'm still baffled as to what the Hige Hige bandit is meant to be called), and recorded the story modes of Shiro and Kuro in hopes of having them translated sometime. It's a bit ambitious! I found Denshi Jisho a valuable resource in understanding the meanings behind stuff, if that helps anyone out.

Regarding the names of NES enemies, Bomberman Quest is great for finding the original Japanese name, since practically every enemy is from an older instalment. Ballom is indeed Baromu (バロム), while Onil was Oni-ru (オニ-ル). They're in Katakana, so Jisho doesn't offer helpful meanings behind them.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1340s
Index - Back to Top