Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
They do look that way, don't they. Except O'Neal - but hey, that sounds a lot like Onil, which is what the Party Edition manual says. I'd like to get a Japanese version of these pages to see what they really are, since they're classic enemies and all.

And once again I lost the work I did on other manuals. I saved it, and I swear it deleted itself because I saved it time and time again. Maybe the images of the text messed it up somehow, but that doesn't make sense because the Panic Bomber file is okay, but.... I guess I'll have to go back and do it a-frickin-gain. I translated all the Super Bomberman 3 names, even found explanations for some of the boss machines' names, the planet names, everything.... and then went on to translate the listed pet names in Super Bomberman 4 as well as every Battle Mode stage. Of course, none of that makes any difference now. ><

I'll just.... go back and do it later again. I'd planned on posting it right now.

Anyway, I saw some stuff in there that matched up with what Shiro had said about the manual when I let him try translating it months ago. I don't think I can feasibly translate the Kanji because it doesn't rely on phonetics, but the Hiragana and Katakana aren't too bad. By the way, I noticed that while all the names (except the SB4 boss machine names) were in Katakana, the SB4 battle mode stage names where in Hiragana. Anybody know why that is? Personally I don't know why there are two sets of characters when they all basically make the same sounds, but I guess I don't know enough about Japanese to say anything about it.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1750s
Index - Back to Top