Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Razon
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:20 am  Reply with quote + 
The stuff is a quick read for me, though I haven't bothered to learn much kanji yet though.

bonba-man
Bomberman

puritei-bonba-
Pretty Bomber

baromu
Balloon is the english name used for it I think, it takes the "bar" from 'baruun' which means balloon, and the 'omu' is either from another word or original. So techinically the name would probably be 'Ballom' or something of the sort in english.

kurin
???

monsuta-bonba-
Monster Bomber

bonba-uruhu
Wolf Bomber

buroru
???

bakebake
taking the 'bake' from 'bakemono', 'bakemono' which means ghost or monster etc, the actual word for ghost would be 'yure', it mentions the word 'obake' in the description which has a similar meaning to 'bakemono' unsure how to translate the name, probably like ghostghost or ghostmonster

hunya
???, literally means limp or flab

bonba-mami-
Mummy Bomber

pasu
Pass?

bonpaia
Bompire or Vampire Bomber

Some of the names are probably a play on words, or just original- which in case they wouldn't have a proper translation. To understand the play on words, you'd need more extensive knowledge on japanese words- though many of the monsters have partially made up names or that were parts that were taken from other words.

Last edited by Razon on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:46 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1517s
Index - Back to Top