Viewing Single Post
From Topic: How is everybody doing?
Razon
Board Admin

Post#26  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Razon wrote:
Without some kind of goal and just going by day to day would be a bit boring

Ohhh, people. I will never understand them.... Isn't there some place you could reach and be content forever? I know of such a place I would like to be, but it is impossible; logical, purposeful goals of life are impossible because other people, no matter how much you try to deny it, control your life. Because that is the core of everything - people - though nobody seems to see it.
How is it that other people control your life? Maybe if you're working a normal job and you're under people in that case, then it would count as other people controlling part of your life in some way. No matter what though, you're still the one that's in control. No-one else can make you do anything, I'm the only one that controls my life and everything that I do. I wouldn't say that I have goals really, but just aims- of what I intend to do/accomplish. Even if you made 100s of millions it doesn't mean that you should be content with that, always aim for more. As a developer the goal is to always outdo yourself and accomplish more, having the next thing always be far better then the last. I often hear online that other people are bored and don't have anything to do, so they just play video games then- or that's how they spend most of their time not accomplishing anything like that. I don't wander past each day ever being bored or not having anything to do, there's always something that I want to do and I never have a reason to be bored. Even if the environment at the time isn't so entertaining, there's always something that I could think about- wether it's about business or development or whatever. Thus I've lost any time for games and don't care about them, though I can still enjoy some video games now and then- though I skip and don't bother with most anymore. Money provides power, money can get you a good lawyer to get out of any bad situations, money can take you places, money buys you what you want/need, money gives you a place to live. There isn't much that you can't do with money besides things like curing the incurable and raising the dead, even though many people say money doesn't buy happiness. It can certainly get you closer to it and buy you some kind, it can buy you luxury and make your life easier- no worry of bills or no stress for example then. (the people that normally say that it doesn't aren't right). No-one else can do anything to you or make you do anything, I do as I please, I ignore who I want and no other person can hold me back in any way. Money can certainly buy you this control that you speak of, how does someone else control a billionaire for example- care to explain? Simply put someone else can't, even if you don't have loads of money- the only one that controls you is you- people who let others mess with their life and get away with it are sad.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1284s
Index - Back to Top