Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: N-Gage Bomberman
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Wow, nice! Looks good, actually. Of course, I'd play any Bomberman game in the classic style. (Act Zero excluded.... ahahaha! It's like the Fed-Ex game, I say Act Zero and you all lose! :P)

Weak story, like you said, but.... Black Bomberman? Kurobon?! He must have freaking sold his soul to turn into that! :hilarious: 
And lol at Trent.... that guy has died so many times in so many different forms....
Strange that the Egg item is actually in an item box.... Also, interesting concept, that your Louie's abilities are gained by collecting a Louie item....

It is strange as you say, Dark Zaphe. Nearly all of the egg icons I can recall off hand were free items taking up space rather than panel icons waiting for you to collect, bomb, or avoid. This is the case with the SFC/SNES, PCE/TG16, Saturn, and Genesis titles anyways off the top of my head. I remember because I made screenshots of them all and the egg was always the thing that I had that would mess us the symmetrical table cell size.

The only possible exception might be the mechanical eggs from SFC Super Bomberman 4, and that could be the way it was edited. I looked that up on my old site...not from memory though I knew it appeared in either 3 or 4. It has the same background color. So, either I edited it to match to cover up something in the background that was not needed, or it had the same backdrop color as some of the icons (a neon green). An edit is possible, but not a straight capture off the first board, the Grass and Block stage, because the nearly neon green grass has these diagonal lines in it of another color. Creature eggs generally take up real space having shadows and depth, while the panels just sort of float there two dimensionally. The mechanical eggs icon is the same size as the others as well, which the regular egg never is.

I did notice that Super Bomberman 4 is also a game where grabbing the Honey icon turns you into her. I almost would like to say I have seen a Louey icon in another game I played, or in one of my strategy guides, but I could be imagining things. :laugh:  Having an actual egg with animated wiggle at times in some games is always fun, because it reenforced the fact that the Louey or Tyra is a living creature and not some prop armored droid carrying you. Although there is always one Louey available that does nothing but take a hit and might as well be a droid.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1657s
Index - Back to Top