Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: I played Bomberman for iPod. Here is my review
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
I got this game about 3 monthis back, but it was always in the back of my mind because iPod gaming isn't exactly that good or something a gamer like me would really think much about. First of all, if you like video games much, I'd stay away from iPod gaming in general and buy a DS or PSP or something. Much better stuff to be found there.

Anyway, Bomberman is probably one of the better games offered on the iTunes store. But here is what I thought about it when I was playing. I thought the game appeared to look nice and it reminded me of the DS Bomberman Land Touch games as far as the graphics are concerned. But it was the old-school single player type of play like Bomberman on the NES or Bomberman 93 on the TG16. The music was from the BLT games in the battle mode. It's a nice soundtrack, but it appears to be the only one :O Thankfully Hudson made it so you can stop the music and have it so you only hear the bomb explosions. The song is nice, but the way it's set up, it gets dull and repetitive. I like the song, but the loop and reset of it was set up in such a way it didn't seem like a very professional video game. Well in that area anyway.

My biggest complaint about the game would be the controls. But that's the problem with the entire iPod gaming concept. The game in itself was very easy, but I died a whole lot. Why? Simply because the controls are awful. Many times over I'm sure one will find themselves setting a bomb and then their Bomberman going in a direction they didn't intend because the scroll wheel didn't sense their action because their thumb was perhaps in between the two directions. Bomberman seems to not always do what you want, but when I'd look at my thumb immediately after dying, many times my thumb would be slightly between two directions. But it was obvious from looking at positions where I wanted my Bomberman to go. But sadly the iPod didn't get that message. >_>

After every world successfully beaten there is a minigame. (There are 4 worlds) Last one contains a boss. The minigames were all from Bomberman Land Touch 1 and 2 and were given new controls. Only thing is the minigames were made insanely easy. I mean seriously. The bounty for finishing one is a 1up, and with the bad controls I wonder if Hudson did that on purpose lol. >.<

Anyway, I generally liked my experience on this game because the setup was a bit like a more old-school 1 player setup of the Bomberman Land Touch series. Only thing is there were a lot of cons to it and frustration set in. I think that if this game had been put on an actual handheld console and given twice as many stages and more challenging minigames (and of course better controls than the scroll wheel) this game would have turned out awesome. Only thing is iPod gaming is more people turning out to be like the AVGN.

I give this game a 5.5 out of 10. Probably the lowest I've rated a bomberman game since Act Zero >_>
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1516s
Index - Back to Top