Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: How is everybody doing?
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man, dakirbydude, you really got sideswiped by the edsite and the parents finding your grades before you even know them. :cry:  That is some seriously weak conditions under which to operate. You are always under the microscope with no slack really whatsoever. I am sorry to see such a site exists. Maybe the powers that be with find it with some debilitating server issue down the road so you can breathe the free air once again...

My mom was not so much on me for grades though she bragged about them enough. I felt the need to do well, but honestly, I didn't even try. I did as little as humanly possible to get average grades. I didn't exactly enjoy school due to always getting in fights, being stalked, and generally made fun of for years until I got strong enough to beat people down. However, I only missed 1 day from 7th grade to graduation all because I disliked being home from school so much. Sad isn't it?

All my HS friends live in other states, several still up where I lived in upstate New York area or nearby. I made friends here via jobs I had, online (IRC mostly), friends of friends, and all that, but work hours and day to day life BS means we don't see much of each other. Some of my friends are military so they are gone in Iraq and elsewhere for months out of the year, then when they're here they are busy working crazy overtime or out partying. I do not go to bars so I never go with them, and thus we rarely hang out except every so often. Other friends were sucked into the online RPG vacuum, both WoW and LOTRO, so I never can get them out of the house and would rather not hang out there while they play their games. :mad: 

Outside of work I pretty much chatter away on forums, IRC, and watch DVRd shows outside of playing games now and then. It's that or watching some show my wife wants to see while ignoring all the horror movies I have and want to watch. We're watching Charmed Season 2 and Gilmore Girls Season 1 at the moment. :hilarious: 

So, overall, my life has really gotten less social than when I was in junior high and highschool. Back then I would go see movies, play tennis, play football, play basketball, hang out for mario kart/bomberman sessions, and generally find stuff to do without having to use the PC for anything other than my IRC habit that was growing since '96 or so. Now, not only do I use it at work constantly to catalog books, but it's always some part of my night schedule as well, even if if I am only checking in and then fleeing for games/meeting friends.

If I knew then what I know now I'd have been more social and gotten a real job and not paper routes sooner, but that's life. I had the opportunities, I just was a loner outside the small group of people I found off and on I didn't want to ignore. Overall it was fine though, just more boring than I would have it now. Without my brother, I really would have probably been in hell as despite our fighting now and again, we did a lot together. Games mostly. He's actually on his way over from Norfolk for a day trip. I'm at work, but I imagine we won't cause too much of a commotion here in the library. :wink: 

I hope it gets better for all of you in difficult situations, though if it doesn't work out to your desires you only have yourselves and sloth to blame. Trust you me. Time goes by quick as hell when you least expect it, but not quick enough when things are sucking hard and there is no easy escape...
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1388s
Index - Back to Top