BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games -> Bomberman Online (2002-2008)
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: [BOJ] Bomberman Online Japan (2008-2009)
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#58  Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Ven wrote:
Hope I'll get to play it on my PC if I figure out how to get it working. :xeyes: 

That sucks! I know you were playing it fine... Did you get a new PC and thus Vista to replace your old XP system? I saw people mention patches, so is this version available now a new version or is this a version after the private beta and changed somehow to not run for you?

I first tried to install it on my Ubuntu box with no luck. It took forever to install on this XP machine, and at first when I tried to click that first start bomb on the website it loads when you click the program link nothing seemed to happen. On the second try it loaded up and I had to setup a character. One of three available to make I guess.

I hope you get it running. :cry:  I have so many things installed here I couldn't begin to isolate what else you might need that they failed to mention as requirements. Another option would be to run VMWare and install XP, then install it from there. A lot of work but if it's Vista somehow, you might not have many options until you figure out the missing piece needed to appease the Microsoft gods. :mad: 

Ven wrote:
When the client opens, it doesn't start the game for me. I'm using Vista.

This made me wonder where it stops exactly. When I click the shortcut in program files it loads up a website in my Firefox, then I have to load up that url in IE because I don't have Shockwave installed in Firefox. I just tried clicking the link and nothing happened this time. So I tried the other route. If you go to http://jp.shockwave.com/55shock/boj/
and make sure you sign in with your account data, that "start game" bomb is ready and waiting. I don't know if you have to still have to click the program link beforehand and activate anything the background running or if it all just is one big link to this page.

It is Shockwave so I don't see why that program link is anything other than a loader for the site that accesses your local copy of the program installed previously. Once you click the start game bomb it launches the BMO Client Launcher and the bottom bar fills as it loads data, then the top fills to indicate it's ready, then the little bomb box shows a red bomb and is now clickable. Doing so starts the game.

I don't know if this is the same process as the open beta you were playing successfully, but this is how it works for me on my end. It did not load anything from that link, so I tried this and it worked. I hope it works for you and others, Ven.

Ven wrote:
When the client opens, it doesn't start the game for me. I'm using Vista.

By client I am not sure you meant the program files link or the BMO loader client that then starts up the game. Sorry if I totally misread this to mean the program files thing and not the BMO link. My bad. Just woke up.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games -> Bomberman Online (2002-2008) All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1340s
Index - Back to Top