Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: How is everybody doing?
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ao Bomber, that is pretty crazy stuff. That sounds like me and my mother before I flew the coop. My brother had left before me and he was younger! I stuck around out of obligation, then got tired of her nonsense and moved in with my then gf, and now wife. That cold you speak of post shower is no joke. Up in NY it drove me entirely crazy, as I'd try to shower before school, then have to walk to school with semi wet hair. Clear across the river and probably close to a mile off or more, just to avoid people.

I wanted to do the military thing but I've always been fat. lol No denying it. The navy wouldn't talk to me before I lost a lot, and I never tried the other branches because the recruiter was such a jerk about how he handled telling me this. I was set to go to Americorps NCCC to their Audora, CO campus but I met this crazy chick off the internet and she moved in with me, and I dropped out. Then she became really crazy, moved out, and I eventually met my wife after talking/meeting random internet ladies.

That bomberman convention sounds good to me. I've wanted to attend a classic gaming convention, but never made the effort except for the NAVA meeting in Howell, NJ. I went with collector buddies from Virginia. My brother lives in Norfolk now, and depending on the state, thanks to IRC, I have a floor to crash on in many cases. Maybe even a couch if I am lucky. I've wanted to do a bomberman convention but trying to figure out when and where and blah is so insane for me. My bomberman irc peeps are either spread out or they are focused in California, depending on which channel I look at. So, ideally I'd have to fly out there to meet my old website's host, and his people I have chatted with a lot.

I've told Ven that he should try to attend CinciCon as they will probably have a bomberman tournament, as he's in Ohio. I need to get up that way someday to visit a couple crazy people I know, though haven't been that way in years. It's usually me being slack and not going, rather than not having places to go. :sad:  Not having enough money to enjoy myself and being married maybe. Bah!

How far are you away from Atlanta, Ao? I knew three people in GA I was supposed to visit but one moved to IL. The other two are spread out. One is in Atlanta and one is somewhere a bit away from there but on the way there if I were driving from NC. The guys have an annual meeting that I've caught hell for missing every year. This coming summer, we will have the car and I'll have vacation time off, so...only cash will stop me. Or laziness. Actually this guy who just quit college here that actually knew about Bomberman that was my DS game buddy went back to Atlanta, so that makes three again I suppose.

Speaking of meetings, and people in other states, does anyone here reside near Johnson City, TN or maybe not too far away? I've got to visit my father-in-law near there next month and I really really really do not want to have to spend the whole amount of time at his house. He lives in some small town near there and it is dead in the hollar, so entirely dead you feel like your heart it going to stop from the boredom. My wife is meeting a friend for dinner, so that's one night I get out of the house for, but if anyone else is anywhere near there and wants to hit up an asian buffet or some other good restaurant, or just grab a burger, let me know in PM. All my irc peeps from TN moved away, so now I've got to make new ones.

What was the plan for this bomberman meetup before? I am most intrigued by this idea. lol
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1438s
Index - Back to Top