No
 10%  [ 1 ]
No
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes: 10

BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#21  Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:13 am  Reply with quote + 
I have to agree with Regulus, thank you for remaining civil here in this thread, despite how heated the subject is. If this were the Smash World, GameFaqs, or god forbid, the World of Warcraft forums, this kind of thread would have likely degraded to Ad Hominins, circle jerking, and of course, flames by now (And would end with me locking it).

As for my two power rings, I think it's an okay, if risky, tactic. While it can be effective, I don't see many practical cases where it's actually be abused, as there are several situations where it can go wrong, namely:
> Kamikazing with your teammate nearby, possibly killing him in a stray blast. Have fun dealing with an angry teammate!

> Having the maneuver foiled because the opponent moves faster than you, has punch/kick/heart/mount, you somehow get stunned/poisoned.

> The other guy manages to turn the tables and trap you, because you'll usually be close to him and it only takes one quick motion for him to screw up everything.

> Not having enough Treats to suicide effectively, you're not gonna suicide kill anyone with just 1 bomb, 2 fire, and no skates. And IF you get the items to do it, why waste them all on a tactic that isn't guaranteed to work? Wouldn't be more effective to just use the items to win normally?

> If it isn't already a 1v2+, Even if you take out another guy, it is NOT a guarantee that your team will win the round. There are many, many, MANY cases were I saw one lone bomber managed to win a 2v1 fight. I myself have done this time to time. And there's a few cases where this strategy ended up resulting a draw.

Given the chaotic nature of the game, No matter how good you are, you can somehow still screw this up and end up dying pointlessly anyway. The more players are around, the less likely this is going to work... at least to your favor.
View user profile Send Private Message
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#22  Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Ven wrote:
This also goes back to to what I was saying earlier about the skilled people not suiciding. Is it because they've enforced this "unspoken rule" upon themselves? Or is it because of the other 2 reasons I listed earlier? That is debatable. I think it's because of the latter.

Yeah, if you say its not acceptable or useful then its certainly because of the former. If its because of the latter (aka it is useless) then why care either way... there are obviously times when suicide is a valid and useful solution. They aren't commonplace though.

I'll only respond to this seeing as the discussion as pretty much run its course on the other points.

I say the latter. It's not that I care enough to see it "banned in a tournament". In reality I could care less if they do or don't. Just wanted to see what others thought (as I said in my original post, I thought it'd make an interesting discussion). I'll just leave it with the 2 reasons I said earlier.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#23  Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ven wrote:
as I said in my original post, I thought it'd make an interesting discussion

And that it did, thanks for that. I truly appreciate and enjoy any form of reasonable debate, especially in topics that aren't debated very much. (Now back to the usual deadness everyone... lets stop slacking and get back to the loitering!)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#24  Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
(Now back to the usual deadness everyone... let's stop slacking and get back to the loitering!)

lmao, aye aye captain!

I believe there were a few topics i missed that i should go look at and
not reply to.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#25  Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
fireball87 wrote:
(Now back to the usual deadness everyone... let's stop slacking and get back to the loitering!)

lmao, aye aye captain!

I believe there were a few topics i missed that i should go look at and
not reply to.

Oh crap. >.< This place has never been very stable. I probably haven't been on in a month but I've had my internet mostly taken away.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1541s
Index - Back to Top