Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Suiciding/Kamikazing in bomberman
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
I only wish that you would pay closer attention to the meanings behind my words than what your initial thought is to what I said. I brought up sniping as an example of a tactic in other games that is disliked by many people (I am not one of them, nor do I use the kamikaze tactic, except possibly a few times when I was to be swallowed by the flames so I connected a bomb to the guy who was killing me). If you do not believe this, then you are wrong. There will always be people who whine about "fairness" in video games. Always.

Enough with the "skilled players" thing. You are creating a generalization that is incorrect; essentially you have made your own personal ideal "model" of a "skilled player", your own Homeric hero or whatever it is you're trying to impress upon us.

And you still do not understand my use of the revenge mode, or you wouldn't be defining it again. Also, it doesn't matter if it is an option or not, Hudson put it in the game, and whether you perform a kamikaze or kill someone from revenge mode, you still aim for the same basic goal, and throwing in bombs to disrupt someone else's battle while you're dead is not very "honorable."

Ven wrote:
You keep saying there are no rules. I'm saying it's pointless to say that because WHO in fact would make up these rules in the first place? If someone came out and said "This is the official rule saying..." someone else would just come by and say "What gives you the authority to make such rule". Saying there shouldn't be "rules" because it's just a video game isn't valid either. No further comment on that is needed.

Secondly, you have the "unspoken rules" as you call it where the good people kick those out who kamikaze. I saw this happening a ton of times. Refer back to my other post talking about the 2 reasons why you don't see skilled people doing it.

I do not understand what you are trying to say with this, honestly. First you say there are no unspoken rules, then you say there are. Make up your mind. There are unspoken rules, and they are typically pointless. First, not everyone will know about them anyway, leading to misunderstandings. Secondly, you should not try to enforce your own opinions on other players. I agree whole heartedly with Fireball on this point, as I do on most of his points.

I don't have any time to read that article, so I'll just stay out of that part.

And yeah, Bomberman is just a video game so this discussion shouldn't get so heated.

And if you wanted the topic to be about whether or not people condone kamikazes instead of whether or not they should be legal, you should have made that much more clear. Although, the conversation may have taken a slightly different turn but it probably would have been just as ridiculous, so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1588s
Index - Back to Top