Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Suiciding/Kamikazing in bomberman
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Again, you keep bringing up revenge. If you had read correctly, I know what type of revenge you're talking about. In case you need it to be explained again

Revenge = Mode of killing someone from outside the stage
Super Revenge = Mode of killing someone from outside the stage and if doing so successfully, you come back in

Now that we've gotten that out the way, I'll get back to the other points. Killing someone from revenge cart is not the same as kamikaze other than the fact that you in the act of "killing". Already talked about this earlier. And you STILL have the option of turning revenge off (which most skilled players do anyway). This is in no way a comparison to sniping. In most new games now (let's take Call of Duty 4 for example), there is no sniping. Both sniping and not takes skill. You also have to take a look at the levels (even the good sniping ones) and there's usually no unfair position on the map someone would be able to get that would make others say "sniping is not fair". It's all even out. Bad analogy there in comparing the sniping. Now comparing SUICIDING to a FPS is valid since BOTH (fps and new bomberman) result in reduction of score.

You keep saying there are no rules. I'm saying it's pointless to say that because WHO in fact would make up these rules in the first place? If someone came out and said "This is the official rule saying..." someone else would just come by and say "What gives you the authority to make such rule". Saying there shouldn't be "rules" because it's just a video game isn't valid either. No further comment on that is needed.

Secondly, you have the "unspoken rules" as you call it where the good people kick those out who kamikaze. I saw this happening a ton of times. Refer back to my other post talking about the 2 reasons why you don't see skilled people doing it.

THIRD, if someone like Hudson did make a rule about kamikaze, how would they enforce it or implement it in the game? Now taking that and seeing what they did in Bomberman Blast where they made suiciding/kamikaze REMOVE points from yourself lends to the fact that maybe, JUST MAYBE, someone there was thinking "Hmm, you should get penalized for such action". The SAME thing was thought when programming for Bomberman Live (from the mouth of one of the programmers himself).
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1746s
Index - Back to Top