Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Suiciding/Kamikazing in bomberman
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
I am not talking about killing yourself in order to enter revenge mode and kill off other players. That is completely pointless in the sense that I was speaking of, which is not the "super revenge" as you call it, I am talking about the revenge mode in which you CANNOT re-enter battle. Therefore, you have been killed somehow, and enter at the sides to pick off players. As I said, the only point in doing this is to either 1) induce a draw game or 2) cause the player in battle with the least amount of points to win. The same goes for kamikazes. You are trying to induce a draw. Therefore, both methods have the same goal, and since the one I just described (revenge mode) was created by Hudson, then strategies aside, both methods are "legal." I do not even need to discuss this, I am merely bringing up an alternative example.

Notably, you are ignoring our points that this strategy is not game breaking, and that there are no Bomberman rules other than what the game's engine instates. I can only assume that this is so because you have no argument back and therefore try to defend your point by adding more fluff to your argument though it has already been penetrated. Instead, you should fight back instead of evading.

Like I already stated, there's nothing wrong with killing someone from the revenge carts. It doesn't matter how fast you got there or who you choose to kill. More often than not against a good player you're setting yourself up for failure if you choose to go that route.

Secondly, no one is evading anything. No one stated it's game breaking. Reread the posts. Also, what "bomberman rules" are you referring to? Since there hasn't been a set standard of rules applied to all bomberman games ala big national tournaments (like EVO for fighting games, ect), bringing this up is useless. But again, it's interesting to find that in Hudson Japan's newest bomberman game, Bomberman Blast, you get points subtracted if you suicide. Talking to one of the Hudson USA programmers, they too thought about making a similar move for Bomberman Live but in the end decided not to bother and just leave it casual without getting too technical.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1664s
Index - Back to Top