Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Suiciding/Kamikazing in bomberman
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Razon:
I specifically remember the scoffs/smilies and disapprovement of kami'ing people in old BOJ. Especially when playing with japanese (or koreans on the korean version). But I agree, it's easy a lot of times to counter it if you see them trying to trap bombs. Another time they do it is if you have them trapped out by a bomb (like your standing on a bomb so they can't come into the only safe spot). They then proceed to lay a bomb where they're standing to force the draw.

Zaphe:
There's Revenge and Super Revenge. The latter is bomber carts which allow you to return upon killing someone while the other you can just kill someone. The tactic of killing yourself off and trying to kill someone from a Revenge mode is different from what I'm talking about. All you did was kill yourself and your chances are slim of killing the person you want and coming back in. More often than not a good player would rather stay in the game and collect powerup items and go kill the person in game. When all is said and done, in most of the skilled games 95% of people would have Revenge off in the first place.

There's also something different if you have no powerups and they have everything vs both you and the other player having similar powerups, which was usually the case on maps like Normal Road (especially in korean version). There were plenty of items to go around. So more often than not it was an even match.

Basically it seems that a kamikaze is needed when someone lacks the skill to kill the opponent without blowing themselves up. It means that they're nothing but cannon fodder. At least IMO. :xeyes: 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1276s
Index - Back to Top