Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Suiciding/Kamikazing in bomberman
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
First of all, there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking yourself out to kill the other guy when it is only you and him left and there is no chance of your own survival. While it is indeed "lame" to deliberately kamikaze somebody during team games (and it serves no purpose in regular matches except in the case I stated before), it is possible and is not cheating (there are no rules to Bomberman except what the game's engine imposes, and obviously this is a method which does not rely on breaking the game). Ergo, don't play Bomberman God. I particularly despise people who kick other players for no reason at all, and those who kick them for things such as this. Of course, if the player was trying to be a nuicance and ruining games by suiciding (ie at the beginning of the match or at other less crucial times, but only during regular matches because, as I said, it serves no purpose to do that during such matches, and if causing such a disruption serves no purpose then it is being a nuicance), then by all means kick them, but if they use it as a strategy for their own gain (causing a draw) or for their team's gain (eliminating an enemy player), then kicking them is only a displayal of intolerance of dishonorable strategies, and again, there are no rules nor honor codes in Bomberman; it is just a video game. Seriously. Damn.

By the way, a short expansion on executing a kamikaze attack in order to cause a draw. In games with Bomber Carts (you die and you come back at the edges of the arena to chuck bombs in, you are familiar I am sure but terminology differs), typically there is the option to allow dead players to return to the battle by killing live players, but you can also deselect this option. Then what is the point of the Bomber Carts if dead players have no hope of returning? The answer by this point should be quite obvious: it is to cause a draw, or to hand the victory to the player with the least points or trophies. Since the primary goal of the kamikaze I described and the Bomber Carts I described is to prevent other players from winning and possibly to create a draw game, and the Bomber Carts I described was specially designed by Hudson Soft so that you could play in that mode without hopes of returning to battle, then.... and I am sure you have made the connection by now, but I will continue.... performing a kamikaze to cause a draw is no crime.

You will argue back, I am sure, but it is likely that I have no more words for this discussion if these do not affect you in the way I meant them to.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1260s
Index - Back to Top