BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
What bomberman games have the best multiplayer?
[Replies: 32]  [Views: 8407]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#21  Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:26 am  Reply with quote + 
does bomberman online count? :veryhappy: 

i haven't played much bomberman games. for my i'd say Bomberman 64.
View user profile Send Private Message
neofcon
Bombertrainee

Post#22  Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:09 am  Reply with quote + 
Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
I'm going to say Bomberman Generation... I remember one night, me and three of my friends stayed up ALL night playing it. For that memory alone, I'm gonna say Generation. Though, I DID like all the different characters you could unlock in Jetters (MIGHTY!! ^___^), and all their power-ups.

Oh, and Bomberman 64 and TSA!. Most definitely.

This

Generation is just perfection
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#23  Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
I believe I would enjoy Bomberman Online for the PC if I had made the effort to play this new official version and not just those earlier hacks. So, I'm not dissing it, just speaking about what I have and do play now. :) No energy to do so now tho.

My preferences at the moment lean toward Saturn Bomberman most if I need to have more than 5 people playing. I only have 6 pads and 2 giant joysticks so can only do 8. I had 10 pads until I gave away my spare Saturn. When I get 4 more pads maybe I'll change my mind but I have to say that in wide mode, on an HDTV here, it doesn't look any better than it does on a big regular TV. It's not like it utilizes the resolutions your other devices do anyways.

If I'm only playing with 4 players then it becomes tricky, and depends on what I have within reach. A lot of my friends like import Saturn Bomberman: Fight! for some unknown reason, though we mostly play the two NA GameCube titles Bomberman Jetters and Generation. When I have my Genesis set up, they quickly get sucked into Mega Bomberman (has to do since I don't have a PCEngine/Duo for Bomberman '94). SFC/SNES Super Bomberman 1 & 2 get swapped back and forth depending on the people there but I think they would dig 5 more if I had it at the moment. I only have 1, 2, 3, Panic Bomber, and the two B-Daman games for SNES/SFC so far. :sad: 

I think for me it becomes hard to choose, you know? I try to mix it up and train them on different games. Wii Bomberman Land has been very popular lately, though it's easy to bring the GameCube titles as well when they want to play the floaters disposal match or color bombs. :/ I've only played Bomberman Live a little bit so I cannot complain nor rave.

The one game listed that I personally would disagree on would be PS1 Bomberman Collection. I bought it cheap at Best Buy on closeout and love the game design, in that it's an updated version of the SFC goodness. The problem is the glossy shine on the characters, and the music or some subliminal message from the devil possibly, gives me the worst headache ever. It's the only game I can only play for an hour unless I want to endure migraines. Don't ask me why, I wish I knew. That ruins the game for me somehow tho I love playing it. :sad: 

I actually have a new to me game I adore, and if you guys have not played it, do so. I played the import GBA game Bomberman Jetters Game Collection for a couple weeks solid, every night, while taking screenshots and trying to translate screens. I liked it so much on the emulator that I bought it complete as soon as my paycheck hit the bank. I generally play it on my GameBoy Player for the GameCube but that doesn't allow you to play multiplayer with human controlled people unless I'm forgetting something. I'm going to say it doesn't, but if it does I'm short selling it. I do know that if you have DS or GBAs to play this in multiplayer it would be AMAZING. Each character has a special skill that really alters the way you choose to play your character. There are a ton of boards, powerups, and options galore. I would love to see this ported with revised graphics to a home console. :sad:  Plus playing as characters from the anime is pretty awesome, and being able to play pinball and a ton of other clone/minigames in one player mode is pretty sweet as well.

Just my $8.65. Disregard if you don't agree with me. I'm touched in the head anyways. I've yet to play a few of the games I own now so they could be gold. And it's been years since I played some I have not listed. I think I killed my thumbs forever pumping bombs on n64 Baku Bomberman/Bomberman 64 but somehow have not once picked up the battlemode in n64 Bomberman: Second Strike. My wife complains about dying so I try to spare her. Blah.
Bomberman

Post#24  Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
If you like chess strategy there's always import Saturn/PS1 Bomberman Wars. Technically it's multiplayer if you can convince some human player to join you in the weirdness. I love it but the other person always falls asleep. :/
Bomberstar

Post#25  Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:29 am  Reply with quote + 
I've been wanting to try Bomberman Wars and I do plan on picking it up someday. I love tactical rpgs and stuff like that.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#26  Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I've been wanting to try Bomberman Wars and I do plan on picking it up someday. I love tactical rpgs and stuff like that.

Yeah, I liked the idea of playing it but rarely do I find anyone willing to just sit there and play multiple rounds. I like how each class of character changes the game enough to make it interesting, though the AI likes to lull you into a false sense of security then pounces. Not especially hard though. The cut scenes are especially good.

Speaking of cutscenes, has anyone else gone to the trouble of beating the hell out of import Saturn Bomberman: Fight! in survival mode just to see their extra little videos? Some of them are pretty entertaining but the number of wins in a row to see each one ranges between the characters, as does the videos quality. Some characters seem to have gotten a bland effort. ;)[/i]
Bomberstar

Post#27  Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Saturn Bomberman Fight is the same deal as Bomberman Wars. I don't have it but want to get it at some point.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#28  Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
How hard is it to figure out the commands in Bomberman Wars? Being it in Japanese, I mean.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#29  Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Does that game work on American Saturns? Or is it Region-locked?

I REALLY wanna get my hands on it ( I LOVE those tactical games... >________> ), but I don't think I wanna spend $50+ on something I can't play. xD
Bomberman

Post#30  Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
How hard is it to figure out the commands in Bomberman Wars? Being it in Japanese, I mean.

It is fairly straight forwarded with a bit of experimentation. There will only be certain controls available and if I recall correctly the choices you do not have for that character are grayed out, but in the same place between them. It's been a long while but it was fairly easy to decipher what choice was an offensive move, what was a motion move, and what was a defensive move, etc.

Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
Does that game work on American Saturns? Or is it Region-locked?

The easiest thing to do in my opinion is locate a 5-in-1 Action Replay with ram function as well, or single function region converter cart. Either one will do what you want fairly easily without having to hassle with your console much. I have 2 5-in-1s and a universal converter cart, tho one 5in1 and the converter might have dead batteries because they stopped working a couple years ago. The other one works fine. Generally they are $20 or so. You could also get the PS1 import version if you have a modded PS1 or the software to run it on your PS2.

By the way, if you are paying $50 for Bomberman Wars for either console, you're getting ripped off. There are a TON of copies of import Saturn Bomberman Wars being flogged on eBay so bide your time and snatch up a low bid auction or a low buy it now. If you get the converter cart first you have access to a TON of good import games.

Also, with the import playability you can save money on buying the US release of Saturn Bomberman right away as the import version is sometimes sold for as cheap as $12 on eBay BIN auctions. There was a rerelease of it as well, so your supply of discs is large. I have to buy the original release of that still, as I only have the rerelease and the Xband edition with the different cover artwork. I passed on the US release once at a flea market and went home for more money (as I had spent it all on other games at another table) and have never seen it for sale again outside of eBay/Amazon/etc.
Bomberstar

Post#31  Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah I went with a basic import convertor cartridge called an ST Key. I wanted one of the ones that could save data too but I couldn't find any at the time.

He was right about having access to a ton of good import games though. I don't understand why alot of these didnt come out in america, it probably would've done the system a world of good when it was suffering so badly here.

These are some honorable mention import games I have,

The Langrisser games
Parodius ~forever with me~
Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams
Sakura Taisen Columns
Razon
Board Admin

Post#32  Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:59 am  Reply with quote + 
If you need I could provide a good working emulator configuration.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#33  Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
I wouldn't mind that, Razon. I have the emulator somewhere and some roms but I do not recall if Wars was one of them. However, your emu might work a touch better than the package I grabbed and it likely isn't too much extra to grab as well. It would make taking screenshots and recording video much easier, until I get my capture card issue sorted. My aiptek hd cam no longer captures via composite in and my PC capture cards gets WAY too hot.

Thank you for the offer. I think I saw it on eMule a couple times, but I do not always grab everything I see and wish I had later.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2065s
Index - Back to Top