Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: I'm a particular person so I'm going to introduce myself
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#27  Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I am probably the laziest Bomberman fan here. I have a ton of the games but never play them because by the time I get off work I'm so tired my brain shuts down. I lament for sharing the bomberman experience with friends who don't come over anymore since our lives have changed, and random new people so I find myself avoiding all games since I cannot play the way I want to. I will play every now and again, then get hardcore into screencapturing data from the games/chronicling details that few people will ever care about. I mean, who the hell thinks about the Munchie Jump from Super Bomberman 1 on a regular basis? Or better yet, grabbing the green tank and puttering around.

I think I miss the fun times of my teen years playing Super Bomberman 1 & 2, Sega Genesis Mega Bomberman, and n64 Baku Bomberman so much that it has crippled my current gaming. LOL I've never been great at story mode but I get far enough. The way the AI operates is sometimes pretty entertaining. How much can I swear at my inability to get past this board or that enemy without losing all my acquired powerups? The design variation of the characters is WAY more enjoyable to me sometimes than any plot going on or how badly I could be winning or losing in Battle Mode. To me, the story mode is a very personal experience, sometimes to be shared when the title supports it, and I avoid it because I don't want to be sitting in a room alone playing games by myself many nights. It tends to remind me how much of a failure I am at maintaining friends who do not suddenly get busy.

I would hope it's different for you all. I'm married 3 years now, with the gal 8 years total and she rarely games anymore and has not even played some of the RPGs she wanted that I bought for her last Christmas. She has writing now and is always doing it. Makes money editing and probably will be published before long. To have some semblance of quality time, I loaf on IRC for hours on end as emulation is not an option on that PC near her nor is a console in there. I need to get a DS and be done with it but bills suck me dry.

But, yeah, I can understand your story mode love, Emperor Terrorin. I spent most of my high school years and my first two college years doing nothing but playing story mode whenever my friends weren't around. My biggest problem is I'm torn between playing the games for fun and for research. I don't want to waste a play through a title without also taking screenshots of enemies and generally dissecting every board, as I might not have time for dual runs through due to work/random drama. I won't be happy until I know more and have more of the games to utilize for my various purposes. Or so it seems.

The games are really varied in what story mode means, so I can see some people have preferences. I have not played a bomberman game I didn't like yet, though I may have been bummed about it missing something. In Hero I missed the battle mode. In Act Zero I missed the comical Bomberman design. I love the boxes. I love the widely ranging artwork. I would work for Hudson in nearly any capacity imaginable for a chance to know more and understand it better. Jun Chiki Chikuma is an amazing talent that I adore listening to, and am really looking forward to when more people start tapping these resources for creative ends. Interviewing the programmers, the sound techs, the graphic designers. These people have to still exist somewhere despite some deaths and old age here and there. lol

If Bomberman was my only interest in life, I'd be set and do this intense research myself but my nature runs warm over a lot of unrelated subjects and my seemingly ADD thought train pulls me on projects of every size across them like a changing wind. Maybe I'll surprise myself in time and focus on something, who knows. Until then I can read about what other people have accomplished and keep discussing the games as I randomly find the motivation to play them. :veryhappy: 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1579s
Index - Back to Top