BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: What bomberman games have the best multiplayer?
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#30  Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
How hard is it to figure out the commands in Bomberman Wars? Being it in Japanese, I mean.

It is fairly straight forwarded with a bit of experimentation. There will only be certain controls available and if I recall correctly the choices you do not have for that character are grayed out, but in the same place between them. It's been a long while but it was fairly easy to decipher what choice was an offensive move, what was a motion move, and what was a defensive move, etc.

Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
Does that game work on American Saturns? Or is it Region-locked?

The easiest thing to do in my opinion is locate a 5-in-1 Action Replay with ram function as well, or single function region converter cart. Either one will do what you want fairly easily without having to hassle with your console much. I have 2 5-in-1s and a universal converter cart, tho one 5in1 and the converter might have dead batteries because they stopped working a couple years ago. The other one works fine. Generally they are $20 or so. You could also get the PS1 import version if you have a modded PS1 or the software to run it on your PS2.

By the way, if you are paying $50 for Bomberman Wars for either console, you're getting ripped off. There are a TON of copies of import Saturn Bomberman Wars being flogged on eBay so bide your time and snatch up a low bid auction or a low buy it now. If you get the converter cart first you have access to a TON of good import games.

Also, with the import playability you can save money on buying the US release of Saturn Bomberman right away as the import version is sometimes sold for as cheap as $12 on eBay BIN auctions. There was a rerelease of it as well, so your supply of discs is large. I have to buy the original release of that still, as I only have the rerelease and the Xband edition with the different cover artwork. I passed on the US release once at a flea market and went home for more money (as I had spent it all on other games at another table) and have never seen it for sale again outside of eBay/Amazon/etc.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1224s
Index - Back to Top