Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: I'm a particular person so I'm going to introduce myself
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#19  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
No offense, but haven't you played anything other than the N64 games? I don't favor the SNES over the N64, or otherwise, I like all [good] Bomberman games equally.

These are the bomberman games I own....

Bomberman (NES) - I think this one stunk. very boring, repetitive and difficult. Of course I didn't expect a whole lot from it being an NES game and having played it after the N64 games.

Super Bomberman 2 (SNES) - This one is alot better the Bomberman but I still found it kind of on the boring side with a lack of text/dialougue based story and the same repetitive gameplay. The multiplayer was pretty fun for awhile but I still found it inferior to the 64 games that I had played first, which pretty much set my standard for all bomberman games I played afterwords.

Pocket Bomberman (GB) - I don't have a whole lot to say about this one either. It was unable to keep me interested long, although being able to jump around was an interesting concept added in to bomberman.

Bomberman 64 - This was my first Bomberman game and i absolutely loved it. The bad guys all looked really cool and there was enough dialougue amongst the characters to make an interesting story. All the abilities bomberman had ( pump bombs, bomb jump, etc.) made the game more interesting and fun to play as well as the puzzles you needed to solve in the levels and it's soundtrack was fantastic.

Bomberman 64: TSA - This is like a beefed up version of Bomberman 64 with more characters, levels, and an even better storyline with more dialougue, and an even better soundtrack. My favorite bomberman game ever.

Bomberman Hero - I had fun with this one too cause it was so different. All the vehicle stages and new abilities and playing bomberman as a 3D platformer was very interesting. Granted the story wasn't as good but it was fun to play so I was able to finish it.

Saturn Bomberman - As far as 2D bomberman goes, this is by far the best one. It's multiplayer is amazing. 8 players (or even 9-10 with only one stage tho) was awesome. It's story mode was the generic style overhead bomberman game but it was fun cause it was 2 players and the enemies we're amusing. (like seeing the higehige bandits doing stupid stuff was funny. Then it had the video opening to give you an idea of what the world you played in was like and the music was pretty good as well, having a cd quality soundtrack. Then the master mode or whatever was also fun seeing how far you could get without it being too boring or repetitive keeping the levels short with bosses at reasonable intervals.

Bomberman Fantasy Race (PS1) - Not really a true bomberman game but I had some fun with it. Once I had everything unlocked I only played it in VS mode once in awhile so it got kind of boring but while i was worknig at it it was fun.

Bomberman Jetters (GCN) - I kind of bought this half heartedely and haven't finished it yet. It doesn't have that same charm the 64 games had and most of the bosses aren't very interesting in my opinion but perhaps I haven't gotten far enough yet. I think I'm in world 3 or 4. As far as playing it goes I find the levels to be long and kind of on the repetitive side but its not as bad as the early games were. I wish they spaced out the levels with plot stuff liek in the baku bomberman games. Where you would fight a boss half way through a level or something, not after 4-5 boring levels. Some of the levels were pretty cool and I enjoyed parts of the game so far. So I'll eventually try getting into the game again to finish my opinion on it.

I've played some other bomberman games but those are the ones I own and played a decent amount of. So to answer your question Zaphe, yes I have but I find most of those 2D bomberman games alot of you guys like so much repetitive and boring. When I play a platform game it has to have an interesting story and cool characters with good dialougue to keep me going or I find myself struggling through the endless stages in boredom.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1388s
Index - Back to Top