Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: I'm a particular person so I'm going to introduce myself
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#14  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:06 am  Reply with quote + 
Emperor Terrorin wrote:
Actually, what I'll call "true Bomberman fans" are very rare and must be together to survive. We seen a new fandom that recently blowed-up the actual Bomberman fandom; with a new one, more bigger and a shadowy fandom that discovered Bomberman from the NGC/GBA era, or else, players of all times who plays only for the multiplayer factor. They shadowed us, and we can hope into our dreams to see a Baku Bomberman 3 (Jap name of the N64 episodes) or else, a true next to the Super Bomberman serie (Even if Bomberman PSP tend to be it, what I'm glad of). That's just lame, but I noticed the same thing with my true favorite serie, Kirby, where the actual fans were shadowed and become very rares because of a corrupted fandom who know Kirby from the GBA era or hype SuperStar to death if they are more old, what we sad about because it isn't honour to what Shinichi Shimomura brought to the serie before his death in a accident; then the serie completely changed of what he done

It is most unfortunate the way things have gone for bomberman for fans in our minority. You're completely right, We've been overshadowed by the people that like multiplayer and majority wins when it comes right down to it, and thus Hudson has gone with what they know works in the industry. In other words the people have spoken.

Having been a gamer pretty much my whole life I've have been witness to many things I find sad in this industry. It's particularly sad for the oddballs like us that don't go with the flow.

A perfect example would be all the old school sonic the hedgehog fans that have had to suffer watching what is happening to Sonic these past 5-10 years, but since the games still sell to a new generation, they have become overshadowed and will never get what they want. (thats the way I see it anyway.)

The things that really bum me out are when I become a fan of a series that is obscure and isn't popular enough to warrent sequels or translations. How often do we get Ys games? Or when I discovered Langrisser and Valis. Langrisser has 1 english release and valis has turned into a hentai series. It's depressing, but in the end I really did it to myself because I purposely find myself looking to the obscure titles or looking to the past for new material. I am quite biased to the present day industry and I find if it isnt a sequel to something i know or anime related I don't usually give it a 2nd look.

I digress, but as far as Bomberman goes it's unfortunate but alot of the senior members like me find we don't have a whole lot to talk about for bomberman because We've already talked about it. When I participate in a discussion I find I'm just repeating the things I've been saying about baku bomberman the past 3-4 years, and it's going to stay that way untill or should I say unless the series once again captivates me.

Granted I don't ever plan on leaving this board cause i love the crew here, but when it comes to bomberman I just don't have as much to say about it as I once did. When the discussions of my interest show up I am happy to once again repeat my thoughts on the series and it's characters.

I may not be speaking for everyone but that is why I don't talk about bomberman much and I mostly stick in the life in general section. I check everywhere's posts but life in general is where I talk the most lol. I'm also a big anime nerd so I like talknig about anime.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1684s
Index - Back to Top