Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: I'm a particular person so I'm going to introduce myself
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Emperor Terrorin wrote:
Actually, what I'll call "true Bomberman fans" are very rare and must be together to survive. We seen a new fandom that recently blowed-up the actual Bomberman fandom; with a new one, more bigger and a shadowy fandom that discovered Bomberman from the NGC/GBA era, or else, players of all times who plays only for the multiplayer factor. They shadowed us, and we can hope into our dreams to see a Baku Bomberman 3 (Jap name of the N64 episodes) or else, a true next to the Super Bomberman serie (Even if Bomberman PSP tend to be it, what I'm glad of). That's just lame, but I noticed the same thing with my true favorite serie, Kirby, where the actual fans were shadowed and become very rares because of a corrupted fandom who know Kirby from the GBA era or hype SuperStar to death if they are more old, what we sad about because it isn't honour to what Shinichi Shimomura brought to the serie before his death in a accident; then the serie completely changed of what he done.

Honestly... do you really think that because some people are fans of different elements of a game they're less "true" fans than fans of other elements of a game. Multiplayer bomberman has been a very major part of the series from near the beginning, and it helped drive the series to be as long and good as it is. Such statements of superiority are annoying.

And I'm not seeing superstar as any form of dishonor to Shinichi Shimomura either. He both worked on Superstar (not as a director) and directed Dream Land 3 after... so this is before his death anyway. Its about the same as saying every time Shinichi Shimomura directed a game it was a direct dishonor to Masahiro Sakurai... which is also just wrong.

Do realize that not everyone on these boards are "true" fans, so you should watch your tongue. I'm happily a bomberman fan who plays bomberman mostly for the multiplayer and a kirby fan who prefers superstar to dream land 3. You don't see me saying I am a superior fan because of that... so why should i tolerate you saying you are a superior fan cause you like things differently.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1469s
Index - Back to Top