Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#104  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yes, her overall spriting style is different because it had to match Battle Mode's, but it is the same character, and the manual confirms that. However, I have not been able to translate the full text, since it is very big and has many talk-expressions. My research so far tells me that, although called "Planet Bomber", the planet Bomberman comes from is indeed Earth. Of course, that was later retconned. I will do my best to keep on translating, though. Aaaand, I always thought of her as French, since she has brown hair, brown eyes and a handkerchief, which composes a somewhat stereotypical French over here, although I'm not sure about it in other countries.

About Great Bomber.. He has two big, yellow eyes that are nothing like human ones! It's weird, he's froggy, haha! He does not look like a frog on his art, but the pixel art of his face in Battle Mode really looks like one to me. In any case, I hope the Crush Bombers are not the Shitennou. Really! But I think they are not, because I saw somewhere that the Hige Hige Bandits allied themselves with Bomberman's rivals, the Crush Bombers. The Four Bomber Devas and the Great Bomber were created by Bagular, and (forgive me if I am wrong, I do not know much of the HHB) if Bagular is their leader... Well, why he would need to be allied with his own creations when they have Bagular chips that forbides them from rebelling? I'd need the full manuals (both from SBM4, which is more important, and from BMG) to know the whole story, though, because if the Crush Bombers are his creations, he could simply have based their weapon design on the Shitennou.

Also, somewhere in this thread Duke mentioned that the SBM3 manual called the planets depicted in SMB3 "stars". Well, that is the correct translation, and they may be "stars with life on it", lol. Pretty Bomber's stage, for instance, is called "Bukubuku Sutaa" (ブクブクスター), although I have no idea what "Bukubuku" could mean in this case. It is "loose-fitting" or "baggy (clothing)", but... On the European translation (which is usually fidel to the original, for Bomberman at least) it is called "Deep Sea", but if it was that, it would be called "Enkai", "Shinkai" or "Enyou". I can only suppose that it is a pun of some kind, maybe on the sound made by the sea. Dunno.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1400s
Index - Back to Top