Users watching this topic: 1  
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:52 am  Reply with quote + 
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
although i agree that act zero looks liek a horrible game that guy just went overboard. He made his point in the first few minutes. It really just dragged on and it was all rage by the 2nd half. I like rage but i don't need to watch it for 10 minutes lol.

That altered beast video was a real treat though. lmao. I loved that!
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'd be shocked to see a not angry review of Bomberman: Act Zero.

I'm getting a bad idea....... :star: 

Lets find some random person on the streets and pay him to make a...positive review on Act Zero. That would just un-leash chaos lol.

Seriously, it would be kind of sad if anybody had much of anything good to say abou Act Zero. I mean, not only was it an awful game, but we knew it would be awful. I remember the time I saw a topic on another forum a few years ago saying "Bomberman game for 360" When I saw just the first picture in the topic, the main feeling I had was...despair. I was very sad that they were ruining my favorite game series, possibly for good. It looked like the whole series was about to undergo a mass change, and the good days would be over. Now that I think about it, thats probably why I got so fanatical over Kirby for a couple years around that time. I kind of fealt that I needed something to replace it, but now Bomberman is back on top. I'm glad they realized Act Zero was a disaster on a mass scale, and that it did not change the series for good.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:46 am  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
I'd be shocked to see a not angry review of Bomberman: Act Zero.

There are so many angry reviews, where are the sarcastic ones?
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
I imagine when I get my wikidot one done, it will be part sarcasm and part desperation. Because on one level, the game is similar to the original plot of Famicom/NES Bomberman. Except, they took huge liberties with that original story and turned it into some snuff videogame of sorts.

I bought it for $15 new a short while ago, because I will own them all one day. Any game that yells at you to say "You survived!" at the end of a level is pretty bad. Funny in a bad movie sort of way, but it made me think more Manhunt or Silence of the Lambs meets Bomberman in a dark alley, than Bomberman. Or better yet, Bomberman original plot meets the movie 8MM and you have Act Zero.

The things that make me want to play it, despite the lack of any local multiplayer and the depression that feels like a part of me dying inside is that the unlimited bomb powerup you can pick up allows for dropping of up to 64 bombs at one time. How long I must endure the agony, and how much it will be worth the effort I am not sure, but that is my only salvation when loading this game. That and hopefully crushing a dude in Australia I know who bought this game as well.
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:19 am  Reply with quote + 
When I first heard of the title and plot, I thought it would be a prequel, but from what I hear of the ending it seems to have been an attempt at a series reboot. A failed attempt of course.
And it is a shame, because while Act Zero may look too grim, I do feel that a more bad-ass Bomberman with its own side series (kind of like Max I would guess, but not just him, the whole environment enemies included would have to be different) could be good. Sort of like what Megaman X is to Megaman. A good place to look at for inspiration on this would be BomberKing.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
When I first heard of the title and plot, I thought it would be a prequel, but from what I hear of the ending it seems to have been an attempt at a series reboot. A failed attempt of course.
And it is a shame, because while Act Zero may look too grim, I do feel that a more bad-ass Bomberman with its own side series (kind of like Max I would guess, but not just him, the whole environment enemies included would have to be different) could be good. Sort of like what Megaman X is to Megaman. A good place to look at for inspiration on this would be BomberKing.

Yeah, I enjoy Bomber King/RoboWarrior for just that reason. If done well on current console, it could be fairly enjoyable gameplay. I knew before I bought Act Zero to expect nothing short of fail, but I got it anyway. I was curious if it was somehow a prequel as well, since the androids you wield in Act Zero could ideally be the very same robots given the chore of building explosives in the subterranean factory that Bomberman is escaping from in the Famicom/NES original.

I should be fair to Act Zero. I like some of it. The viewpoint is not bad, especially how you can change your camera view with such control. It just becomes unwieldy sometimes. Seeing robots literally dropped onto the field is amusing in a way, but there's just something missing. Maybe the whole battle of the strongest thing doesn't do it for me, and I'd rather he have other enemies as well, and maybe some varying board obstacles/traps/puzzles to solve. I'm not really sure, but it just is gutturally wrong to me. I get a kick in the stomach from anything I know should be able to support me and some buddies playing it, but failed to provide that option. Using the battle stage design, some kind of local play bone could have been thrown. Another thing is that the bombs you drop look for like powerups than what you pick up, so sometimes when flustered I run for bombs and have to remind myself and move out of the way before I get a face of fire.

I haven't played more than an hour so far, so it's possible the real reasons behind my feelings would show themselves in time. I intend to give it more time when I can arrange online play with a friend. :down: 
Board Moderator

Post#8  Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think Gamespot has done a well enough job at raping this game with its review that this guy's own is kinda redundant, Especially considering this lovely quote I have in my sig on my account there. :laugh: 

Bomberman Act Zero Review wrote:
And just when you thought the game couldn’t get any lower, you'll see ridiculous and completely unnecessary bouncing breasts on the female character model. The fact that the developer took the time to program something as asinine as breast physics but couldn't be bothered to fix the game is indicative of the quality of the overall effort in Act Zero.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:45 am  Reply with quote + 
Ao Bomber wrote:
I think Gamespot has done a well enough job at raping this game with its review that this guy's own is kinda redundant, Especially considering this lovely quote I have in my sig on my account there. :laugh: 

Bomberman Act Zero Review wrote:
And just when you thought the game couldn’t get any lower, you'll see ridiculous and completely unnecessary bouncing breasts on the female character model. The fact that the developer took the time to program something as asinine as breast physics but couldn't be bothered to fix the game is indicative of the quality of the overall effort in Act Zero.

Yeah, I noticed that when I played it, as I had picked the female frame in the design stage. I felt sort of ripped off at that point, because if they could have spent such time, why not more players and some better design? :cry: 
Bomberbie

Post#10  Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Worst Bomberman game I've seen so far.
EVER.
I bet the TSA and 64 characters are laughing their asses off at this one. And so are all the Bomberman fans out there. Either that or they're in absolute despair.
That feeling, deceiving, that burning your soul
My king goes on, my will be done
So join me fallen one
We'll drown our sorrow to this endless sea
Together we'll unchain the rain
Escape the world into our sanctuary
There in my arms you'll be free
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:43 am  Reply with quote + 
*Does a Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei style "in despair" scene*

I'm in despair!
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:22 am  Reply with quote + 
HAHAHA

Yeah, despair is a good way to put it. I will be in despair also if my newest eBay Bomberman purchases get lost in the mail on the way from Japan. :wink: 

The worst thing is I understand what they were trying to do, it just was horrible in the execution. :stun: 
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Erirudo wrote:
I bet the TSA and 64 characters are laughing their asses off at this one.

I very much doubt being retired in favor of a worse design would be reason for laughter.
Erirudo
Bomberbie

Post#14  Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:28 am  Reply with quote + 
They're laughing because Bomberman got the short end of the stick. At least they got retired before their designs got warped into crap or stuff like that.
...although if they made a revamp of the 64 games like they did with Super Mario 64, that would be very, very nice. Or even a sequel, I'd settle for that. If they did both I'd be comatose with joy for about a week.
That feeling, deceiving, that burning your soul
My king goes on, my will be done
So join me fallen one
We'll drown our sorrow to this endless sea
Together we'll unchain the rain
Escape the world into our sanctuary
There in my arms you'll be free
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Erirudo wrote:
They're laughing because Bomberman got the short end of the stick. At least they got retired before their designs got warped into crap or stuff like that.

Ah, laughing of Bomberman, I see now.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Erirudo wrote:

Ah, laughing of Bomberman, I see now.

heh Nothing is ever truly retired in the game world. It would be amusing to see a video somewhat like that Myspace party with all the other websites and their physical embodiments, but with the characters from various games instead. The Munchie Jump from Super Bomberman 1 would be a lush I do believe, sucking in everything alcoholic as possible.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1762s
Index - Back to Top