Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#66  Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:05 am  Reply with quote + 
True. I was searching around and found out that the group that appears both in ending and Battle Mode of SBM3, as well as in Panic Bomber W, is called the "World Bombers" ("ZA WARUDO BONBAAZU", lol!).

[EDIT]: I've found out the name of SBM3's final mecha. It's "Gattaida" (ガッタイダー), meaning "union", "fusion", or "to unite". I also discovered that "Carat Diamond" and "Dr. Mook" are perfect, literal translations of their original names.

In regards to the original name of the Five Bomber Kings, it is loosely the "Four Heavenly Bombers" (ボンバー四天王), but with a much deeper meaning.Those last three are kanji for "the Four Devas", or more accurately, "Shitennou". Tenku Senki Shurato, anyone? It comes from Hindu mithology. Deva, however, is a collective title, and individually they would be called "Kings". Thus, we have here the origin of the "Five Bomber Kings". Great Bomber was the leader (much like Vishnu in Shurato) and thus was not part of the group (he does appear separated from the others in the intro), but since that could not be understood by american public, they changed it to "Five". In any case, they are the "Bomber Shitennou", and now that I look at them, they in fact seem based on Hindu mithology (in appearance, I mean)! I'll check out SBM5's villains later on.

Last edited by herrDoktorat on Mon May 26, 2008 10:33 am
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1330s
Index - Back to Top