BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#53  Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:19 am  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
a lack of ideas by Hudson.

Admittedly that is probably the msot likely explanation. But I still like to think that they pilfered the same shipyard :wink: 

Shiro wrote:
About the giant floating eye... I think that was a subordinate of Bagular

Subordinate, associate... what I'd like to know is where it is that this guy has come from *lol*

Shiro wrote:
maybe (just maybe) Max was sent first because Phantarion is his home planet? I was thinking that, if you wanted to join the Bomber Base, you'd have to tell people there where did you come from and such, right?

No, in the game it comes to the player (and therefore, we should assume, to Bomberman) as a revelation that Max was originally from Phantarion so that clearly was not known previously. It is conceivable that Ein knew and did not tell Bomberman, but that seems out of character I think.

Shiro wrote:
I mean, what kind of stupid base would let unknown people join?

The Maverick Hunters Headquarters? (Sigma: "I have recovered this mysterious red maverick for studying" Cain: "Let's enlist him as a hunter!" Sigma: :down: )
Alas, that is the way of Japanese games and anime.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
we don't see Dr. Ein commanding Bomberman until Bomberman Max, so it's possible that he worked for other organizations beforehand.

I think Bomberman received instructions from Ein in Saturn Bomberman. Also Ein may be the scientist in 93 (allegedly Bomberman's creator) but in that occasion it seemed more of a personal business thing anyway (with Kurobom kidnapping... his niece?)
For the records, Bomberman Hero was (afaik) the first time we heard of a Bomber Base, but the third GB game was the first in which Bomberman was said to hold some rank.
Oh and I forgot to mention Gossick is most likely the lower part of Owen, where Evil Bomber lives in GB3 and which crumbles away after his defeat.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
However, Max couldn't have been working for Bomberbase before SB3.

And why would that be the case?

Dark Zaphe wrote:
if you've seen Bomberman Jetterz, Max is a villain who is hired by Bagular

Eh, I was trying to avoid bringing Jetters into this because of how controversial that series is, with most people considering it a separate continuity. I still have not seen the whole series (and would like to avoid spoilers), so I can't give an honest opinion on that.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1595s
Index - Back to Top