Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#49  Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
to me they look like galactic conquerors with that freaking huge spaceship that even has Disneyland on it.

A spaceship that suspiciously resembles Altair's in design, don't you think?
But one has to wonder about the giant floating eye alien mastermind... an associate of Bagular perhaps?

Shiro wrote:
When Shirobon defeats the Five Dastardly Bombers for the first time, he achieves recognition

You mean because Kurobom and his subordinates are waiting to stop his fall? He befriended them in SBMan1.

Shiro wrote:
On SBM3, he leaves the Bomber Base in order to solve the problem in those planets that Bagular took over. Problem solved, he goes back to the base and is praised there (as clearly shown in the ending).

Yep. No arguing that. I said he works on his own most of the time, not all of the time.

Shiro wrote:
in all games that includes Max, Bomberman is sent on the same mission as him, and I understand that as a proof that they are on the same level

But in Tournament Max is sent first. Shirobom is only involved when contact is lost with Max. Kind of like Super Joe and Rad Spencer in Bionic Commando.
On a side note, why the heck was the game called Bomberman Story since it gives Max's story? It should have been "Bomberman - Max Story" *lol*

Shiro wrote:
Max, as Zaphe pointed, is kinda useless, anyway.

And I agree. But that doesn't change Hudon's potrayal of him. It annoys me too, but (probably because of Bomberman's more loose continuity) not as much as Capcom's veneration for Zero. I used to be a fan of Zero until X4 when they took away his buster and made him the starring character (he IS. X's plot is contained within Zero's...).
With Max, Hudson seems to have done the same thing: "let's forget that the starring character has saved the world countless times and introduce a previously unseen figure he can look at as a older more experienced version of himself to inspire players in striving to make Bomberman as cool as him!"
No, I'm not a big fan of Max either, but hey, we're not the ones making the games, Hudson is, so what they say goes.

Shiro wrote:
I didn't know it was you guys that made the translation! That's a nice thing, you know.

You're welcome :wink: 

Shiro wrote:
The site was Hudson's official GameNavi about Bomberman GB 3, seen here.

Ah yes. Nice artworks uh? :happy: 

Shiro wrote:
Could you clarify what happens in Bomberman Hero, please?

Ok, Bomberman Hero...
Another artificial planet shows up. It belongs to the "Garaden Empire" and launches an attack on most Planets in the Bomber Nebula (wisely omitting Planet Bomber). Queen Millian tries to escape from her planet, Primus, in order to request help, but she is captured.
Meanwhile Bomberman is training at the Bomberbase, and Kurobom is being a douche as usual (kidding, but it annoys me that he flies off without saying anything only to show up in the end). Bomberman is then ordered to investigate a crash and find Millian's robot servant who goes R2D2 on our Luke Skywalker. Bomberman departs for Primus intent on finding Millian to save her, and recover the hidden mysterious disks she has been apparewntly kidnapped for. The disks are located on various planets in the system and competing with Bomberman to find them is Nitros, an enemy Bomber with the power to whisk Bomberman into another dimension called Adok. Speaking of which, Bomberman also finds strange "adok bombs" scattered all over the game (even in the Bomber Base :o)
Eventually Nitros manages to trick Bomberman and steal the disks. Bomberman chases him to the Garaden artificial planet, but can't stop him from using the disks to revive Bagular (maybe the alien from SBMan2 was a representative of the Garaden Empire?). When Nitros is defeated, he turns out to have been a newbie from Bomberbase that had been brainwashed. Finally Bomberman confronts Bagular and defeats him in an epic battle, but Bagular makes the whole place explode... not really accomplishing anything since Bomberman escapes unharmed.
At this point, with Millian saved and Begular dealt with, everything seems resolved but if all Adok bombs were collected, Evil Bomber reveals himself as the mastermind of this evil plot, and a bunch of asteroids named Gossick appear on the farthest edge of the solar system. Bomberman heads there and Evil Bomber whines to him about the removal of his precious Adok bombs (which supposedly helps linking him with the Adok empowered Nitros). They fight, Bomberman wins, everybody's happy.

Shiro wrote:
the cellphone game: it has various stages. I've heard it was a port of NES Bomberman and despite the graphical differences, I still think that is what it is, but now that you said that, I'd need to check. Since the cell isn't mine, it may take a while, so I hope you don't mind.

No prob.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1336s
Index - Back to Top