Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#48  Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Cahem, I'm back.

I agree with Duke Serkol in regards to the Five Dastardly Bombers being "cybered up" long before they were beaten by Shirobon. Because you see, to me they look like galactic conquerors with that freaking huge spaceship that even has Disneyland on it.

However, I do not agree with the theory that Max may be at it longer than Shirobon or may be more famous than him (although this one is possible). When Shirobon defeats the Five Dastardly Bombers for the first time, he achieves recognition (at least from other bombers) when he goes back to Earth. On SBM3, he leaves the Bomber Base in order to solve the problem in those planets that Bagular took over. Problem solved, he goes back to the base and is praised there (as clearly shown in the ending). I do agree that main characters usually don't get the recognition they deserve (although Zero in one of my favorite characters in Megaman, surpassing the blue hero himself), but I'd say that is a little forced there. You are right that Bomberman sometimes acts alone in places that no one would never even heard of, but he doesn't in, for instance, most of the SNES series (except for 4). Also, in all games that includes Max, Bomberman is sent on the same mission as him, and I understand that as a proof that they are on the same level (although personally I find that someone as Max, who can't even beat Brain Bomber, being on the same level as the Bomberman we played for so long, saving the universe while eating cheetos and drinking coke, isn't really right). Max, as Zaphe pointed, is kinda useless, anyway. He may have been good with a sword, one day in a distant past while being Knight Max of Phantarion, but with a bomb, he clearly sucks. The battle against him was even easier than SBM2's Brain Bomber's battle! One would think he's famous because of... His cool looks, maybe? Lol! Okay, okay, I'll stop messing with him. I think Max had his moments but passed of as a not-so-strong (in reality, really weak) character in Bomberman Tournament, but in fact the Five Dastardly Bombers are indeed very strong in a way Max can't possibily beat them (despite Bomberman doing it twice before unscathed). Maybe Shirobon is just too strong, haha.

And... I see. I think I understand about Devil Bomber now. Also, I didn't know it was you guys that made the translation! That's a nice thing, you know. The site was Hudson's official GameNavi about Bomberman GB 3, seen here. I must reiterate that my japanese is basic, so I may have said something stupid based on my translations there. Sorry, sorry!

[EDIT]: May I ask a favor? Could you clarify what happens in Bomberman Hero, please? I'm not much of a fan of this game since it differs in gameplay from the rest of the series, and thus I finished it only once, a long, long time ago, and don't really want to do it again. While I do remember the overall plot and what happened in the end, I'm not exactly sure and thus may fail on arguments over this matter. Thanks!

In regards to the cellphone game: it has various stages. I've heard it was a port of NES Bomberman and despite the graphical differences, I still think that is what it is, but now that you said that, I'd need to check. Since the cell isn't mine, it may take a while, so I hope you don't mind.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1397s
Index - Back to Top