Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#47  Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
....How is Max so popular though? :hilarious:  He left Phantarion, where he was popular, and they don't know where he is anymore.... oh Hudson Soft, you card.

Max is popular among the people at the BomberBase, who do not know about his past life as a human knight in Phantarion. I would assume he joined the BomberBase before Bomberman did, which would help explain why he is considered "top ranking" so to speak.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Another blow to consistency, as it is clearly evident that Bomberman was around beating up Kurobon and saving the world long before the Five Bad Bombers were even brought together

Ah but we don't know that: we can't tell if the five of them were cybered up by Bagular just prior to SBMan2. They could have been around a long time before clashing with Shirobom. Playing Tournament it did seem to me like the people talking about Knight Max were speaking of a long time ago.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
....Shiro has many, many years of Bomber-style experience over Max, even if Max was a soldier longer than Shiro was a.... galactic peace-keeper.

I'd like to agree, but again we don't know. In most games Shirobom acts on his own (just consider what is probably his most epic adventure, BMan 64 2nd attack. He saved the universe but it all occurred within a black hole. Who do you think would give him recognition for it?), and we never get to freely wander around the Bomberbase and meet everyone in it. So far all we know, Max could have been there all along since before Bomberman 93.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Shirobon defeated the Five Bad Bombers three times, and emerged healthy and victorious. Defeated them, leaving them unconcious the first two times and the third time apparantly causing them to retreat. Max was barely able to drive them off of his planet with his life, then years later when they returned and he tried to fight them again, he got wiped out clean.
-snip-
I'm just laying it all out to see how much more powerful and skilled Bomberman is than Max.

Yeah I know. I would say Max most likely acknowledges this too (especially after Tournament). It's just the rest of the guys at the Bomberbase that don't know any better *lol*

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Devil Bomber seems to have some kind of connection to Bagular, since he watches him get beaten by Bomberman and knows his name. Maybe that web site Shiro mentioned took that information from the original manual? Who knows.

Yeah, it seems Evil Bomber was the one that brainwashed Nitros into reviving Bagular (couldn't be Bagular since he, uh, needed reviving) and he was planning to exploit the chaos this would unleash to his own ends.
What website, anyway?
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1818s
Index - Back to Top