Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#46  Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
While the two versions are called Blue Champion and Red Challenger (and this only outside of Japan), later games make it evident that Max, not Shirobom, is considered the most skilled veteran at the Bomberbase. In light of this, Max would have been a well known celebrity, and his challenge to Bomberman would be seen as a recognition of Bomberman's skills and merits.
This portrayal may appear rather stupid of Hudson, but not all that surprising. In videogame franchises it is all too typical to not give the main characters the recognition they deserve. Just as Shirobom has saved the world several times (the whole freaking universe in fact) prior to Bomberman Max, so had X prior to Megaman X 5, and yet in that game Capcom made Zero start as a Class S (special) hunter while X was a lowly B.

....How is Max so popular though? :hilarious:  He left Phantarion, where he was popular, and they don't know where he is anymore.... oh Hudson Soft, you card.

Another blow to consistency, as it is clearly evident that Bomberman was around beating up Kurobon and saving the world long before the Five Bad Bombers were even brought together, and then of course Shiro defeated them twice leaving them floating in space for an undetermined amount of time. Then they would have had to be revived a third time (how, we don't know), not to mention travel to Phantarion and start trouble, then Max would drive them off and become Bomber-ized, then he'd have to retreat in agony of himself for another undetermined amount of time before deciding to even join the Bomberbase. Shiro has many, many years of Bomber-style experience over Max, even if Max was a soldier longer than Shiro was a.... galactic peace-keeper.

Then think about this - Shirobon defeated the Five Bad Bombers three times, and emerged healthy and victorious. Defeated them, leaving them unconcious the first two times and the third time apparantly causing them to retreat. Max was barely able to drive them off of his planet with his life, then years later when they returned and he tried to fight them again, he got wiped out clean. Let me explain the series of events for poor Max in the beginning of Bomberman Story:
Max hears about the FBB returning to Phantarion. Probably angry, he goes down there and talks to some of the people, who don't recognize him. I can't remember all of the text, but it never clearly states if he faced Magnet or Pretty Bomber, but he gets to Plasma Bomber and is knocked out with one single blow, then taken to Brain Bomber and possessed.

Shiro then has to go stop the Five Bad Bombers, which he succeeds in doing so, of course. By the time Shiro gets to Fantasy, the entranced Max has been diligently constructed a huge frickin death machine for Brain Bomber to pilot, and would have been completely finished if Bomberman had gotten there just a few hours later. Then he has to be saved by Shiro.

I know you know all of this, I'm just laying it all out to see how much more powerful and skilled Bomberman is than Max. Max is like the ancient hero who succeeded in driving off some demon from the village while sacrficing himself, while Bomberman is the guy who lives there a couple centuries later when the demon returns and slays that thing.

Surely Hudson Soft must at least realize this by the time they had released Bomberman Story....
Most likely, they didn't. :hilarious: 

Duke Serkol wrote:
...see? That's what I meant. And why I was so adamant about changing it to Evil in the GB game too. Apparently that still wasn't enough, but I guess that's because hardly anybody bothered to play the GB3 game, let alone with our translation patch.

Ohh, I understand now.

Devil Bomber seems to have some kind of connection to Bagular, since he watches him get beaten by Bomberman and knows his name. Maybe that web site Shiro mentioned took that information from the original manual? Who knows.

Where did he get those wings though? :hilarious:  Oh well, I guess for a guy who can get really frickin huge, anything is possible.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1269s
Index - Back to Top