Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#30  Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
It is also stated that Black Bomberman's castle was taken, placing this game on the original storyline in which Kuro was a villain.

I didn't recall it actually mentioning his castle.... so then, I guess that DEFINATELY establishes the connection between the previous games and the SNES series. Sweet!
I had thought this before, but it wasn't completely verified for me as my manual's description is a bit fuzzy on the Shiro/Kuro alliance.

Duke Serkol wrote:
They did. It's called Bomberman Tournament. I'm teasing you of course, but if you read between the lines, the game is pretty straightforward about it: Max was originally a human knight on planet Phantarion. He fought against Brain Bomber when he and the gang first came on the planet but he was captured and turned into the Max we know. Somehow, he got away from Brain Bomber and joined the side of good at the Bomberbase. Then Tournament starts as the Dastardly Bombers return to Phantarion.
...I wonder if Max is supposed to be the starring character of Neutopia II (Phantarion is clearly enough the setting of the two Neutopia games)

I never clearly understood the story behind Bomberman Tournament... I knew Max had originally fought off the Five Bad Bombers, and it seemed like he got wounded by Brain Bomber but also wounded Brain Bomber.... if he was transformed into the Max we know now, though, the Max that can use bombs, then that only further supports my theory that the Five Bad Bombers were also humans converted into Bomberman cyborgs. Buahahahahaaa! Ahahaha! Ha! Ha. Ahem.

Duke Serkol wrote:
But that could just be a stylistic choice on Bagular's part (or Hudson's really), to make them look cooler.

My point is that they have chins, though...

Duke Serkol wrote:
Could be yes... but seeing as even Pretty was feisty in all games other than the Land ones (and those two Jetters episodes) which came a long time later, I'm tempted to write it off as Golem Bomber being portrayed like Ground Bomber (Jetters again): a big doofus with his heart in the right place but fooled by his evil comrades/masters....not that he sounds at all like that in Tournament *lol*

Let's face the facts about Pretty Bomber: She's a flirt, and she wants to be the center of attention. Sorry, but it's basically true. :oops: 
Yeah, I used to think of Golem Bomber as just another big stupid strong-man type, until Bomberman Tournament, when you find out that he's actually pretty smart. :surprise: 

Duke Serkol wrote:
Something crazy just occurred to me. In the videos Shiro dug up Pretty Bomber is said to be Hudson's honey. In Neo Bomberman, Honey fights with heart shaped bombs, like Pretty in 2. Could it be Honey is Pretty Bomber with different clothes? Do they ever appear in the same game?

I'm pretty sure that that comment was a mistake, as she looks a lot like Honey. Although, don't you remember? We had this conversation a long time ago, like a year ago or something.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Well the plot is that they create a robot in his likeness but without free will.

I agree with this.

Side note about Bagular: He uses Jelly Bombs, right? And he seems to wear a Bomberman-style suit, right? Well, what if he used the same technology to convert the Five Bad Bombers into Bombermen, on himself? Perhaps, after being blown up in Bomberman '94, he was badly injured and had to build himself a Bomberman suit to survive.... which would explain the difference in appearance of the two characters.
Granted, he does use bombs in Bomberman '94, but then again he is wearing a Bomberman helmet in that game, which could possibly give him the power to use bombs.
And yeah, I guess he's wearing the Bomberman suit in that game too, under the cape.... however.... since every time he "rebuilds" himself, he looks basically the same, why wouldn't it make since that his body was already cybernetic at the beginning of Super Bomberman 3?
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1709s
Index - Back to Top