Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#27  Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
hehe. Sorry for that, when I'm sleepy, Hulk smash.

But really, it's not that I'm against Planet Bomber, I'm just... Against it before Super Bomberman 5, disconsidering the retcon.

If that makes you feel better :hilarious: 

Shiro wrote:
Was Bomberman GB released after it, too? If so, a fraction of my theory was just crushed!

No, that one came along between SBman 3 and 4. It's really Bomberman GB 2 btw (1 was the game that got turned into Wario Blast, so they just removed the number for our release)

Shiro wrote:
Bomberman GB is a movie shown in Bomber Theater. Disregard all my comments about it.

That's just a funny Super GB border. It's not even the one used while playing the story mode, so I wouldn't give it any weight.

Shiro wrote:
I'm beginning to concur with Zephe in regards to that matter: there are many plot holes.

Not sure if that's the proper term... I mean, for the most part we don't have contradictions or unexplaineable things, mostly its redundancies or lack of continuity. That's the way I see it at least.

Shiro wrote:
if only they made a game explaining things like the connection between Brain Bomber and Max

They did. It's called Bomberman Tournament. I'm teasing you of course, but if you read between the lines, the game is pretty straightforward about it: Max was originally a human knight on planet Phantarion. He fought against Brain Bomber when he and the gang first came on the planet but he was captured and turned into the Max we know. Somehow, he got away from Brain Bomber and joined the side of good at the Bomberbase. Then Tournament starts as the Dastardly Bombers return to Phantarion.
...I wonder if Max is supposed to be the starring character of Neutopia II (Phantarion is clearly enough the setting of the two Neutopia games)

Shiro wrote:
or "who the hell is Bagular" instead of making "Cheerful White", "Cool Black" and, ugh, "Cute Pink" visit a theme park, it would be perfect, don't you agree?

Yeah, I would drink to that :down: 

Shiro wrote:
In any case, please forgive me for before. I don't want to argue (or let you down) for something so stupid like my bad mood or personal problems, and plus, I didn't say what I wanted to like I wanted to, but it is (somewhat) fixed now. Sorry!

That's okay, it's all good :happy: 

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Why do you guys keep calling me "Zephe"?

Whoops :oops: 

Dark Zaphe wrote:
the Five Bad Bombers are definately not "real" Bombermen, you can tell that they are wearing almost motorcycle-style helmets

But that could just be a stylistic choice on Bagular's part (or Hudson's really), to make them look cooler.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
could explain what Shiro said about Golem Bomber appearing friendly in that Saturn Bomberman Fight game.

Could be yes... but seeing as even Pretty was feisty in all games other than the Land ones (and those two Jetters episodes) which came a long time later, I'm tempted to write it off as Golem Bomber being portrayed like Ground Bomber (Jetters again): a big doofus with his heart in the right place but fooled by his evil comrades/masters.
...not that he sounds at all like that in Tournament *lol*

Shiro wrote:
In the Bomberman commercial, the bombers are represented by costumes while Pretty Bomber and Plasma Bomber were persons with, much like you described, motorcycle helmets.

Indeed that was so. I'm not at all opposed to the kidnapped humans theory, I'm just playing devil's advocate for the sake of debate.
Something crazy just occurred to me. In the videos Shiro dug up Pretty Bomber is said to be Hudson's honey. In Neo Bomberman, Honey fights with heart shaped bombs, like Pretty in 2. Could it be Honey is Pretty Bomber with different clothes? Do they ever appear in the same game?

Shiro wrote:
the first Bomberman is somewhat controversial in regard to the people that inhabit the place. Carat Diamond and Dr. Mook are obviously human, while the people you rescue in the third (or fourth, I don't remember) stages are Bombers.

Planet Bomber clearly has a mixed population. Where do you think Dr. Ein lives? :wink: 

Shiro wrote:
the aforementioned villains want to steal Bomberman's advanced combat and offensive capabilities, proving what everyone already knew, that he is an android

Well the plot is that they create a robot in his likeness but without free will.

Shiro wrote:
It is also stated that Black Bomberman's castle was taken, placing this game on the original storyline in which Kuro was a villain.

That's not the original storyline, that's the main storyline which (apart from Land and Jetter games) is still being carried on. The original storyline was the one with Bomberman as a bomb manufacturing slave robot that escapes to become human (which got sequels in Bomberboy, Bomberking and maybe a couple more games).
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1782s
Index - Back to Top