Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#23  Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
Quick post, because I really need to go to sleep: the moon doesn't always have to be visible, that is true, but the "Earth" is seen twice, once in the intro, once in the ending, and the moon is in neither. Also, I consider that explanation for the normal moon in '94 invalid, because, you see, it really does look like a normal city, and in '93 the moon is purple even at night. I don't think it would change from purple to yellow, anyway.

That's your call to make. Me, I already expressed my point of view on the issue.

Shiro wrote:
if they represent Earth countries, don't that mean they naturally come from there? Bomber the Kid, for instance, seems american in the same way Bomber Uhho is Kenyan. The characters are pretty obvious references to the Earth, at the very least.

So you assume that Pretty Bomber was a French girl kidnapped by Bagular and turned into a cybernatic villain-ess?

Shiro wrote:
Super Bomberman 5 was a retcon itself, since Planet Bomber is clearly different from the planets seen in the first four games and it still depicts places from all of them.

Super Bomberman 5 is a time travel story, just like 4. Except this time they are time traveling into the previous games.

Shiro wrote:
if Pocket Bomberman is followed by Bomberman Wars, it can't be really placed on Planet Bomber if the planet itself may or may not be a later concept, isn't that right?

Except both of those games were released after SBMan 5 :shifty: 

Shiro wrote:
In any case, I prefer to modify the story to my own needs and likes if I find something too ridiculous or unreliable. Thus, pardon me, but, I discard the Planet Bomber idea and stick-up with the older games unless someone gives me a very good reason. Plus, in my humble opinion, the place depicted in Bomberman '93 seems... Weird. Yeah, that's the word. AlsoČ, I dislike retcons, specially if they come for the worst. However, that is only my opinion. Feel free to discuss it, since, as I said before, Bomberman discussion and theorues are surely replenishing! <3

[EDIT]: Oh, and, sorry if I was rude! I'm very, very, veeeeery sleepy.

Quite a bit yes.
Discussing the plot of a game series is pretty pointless when those doing so suddenly go "I don't care what the games say, I only accept things I like and twist the plot to suit my taste". I mean, that's cool if you want to write an A.U. fanfic, but it doesn't help when trying to figure out what the programmers meant for the games, how they connect to each other etc.
I myself am not a fan of retcons either, but I won't shun one if I believe it to have occurred (and seeing as it is pretty much implied that Bomberman was on his home planet, in the PCE and SNES games, which is later revealed to be Planet Bomber...)
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1614s
Index - Back to Top