Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#22  Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quick post, because I really need to go to sleep: the moon doesn't always have to be visible, that is true, but the "Earth" is seen twice, once in the intro, once in the ending, and the moon is in neither. Considering the purple moon represents that thing bombers have over their heads, I don't think it would go THAT unnoticed. Also, I consider that explanation for the normal moon in '94 invalid, because, you see, it really does look like a normal city, and in '93 the moon is purple even at night. I don't think it would change from purple to yellow, anyway, and it is depicted like a cartoonish moon, much like the ones in old Mickey Mouse shorts. Again I point the above statement of what the purple moon represents and say that, being what it is, the odds of Hudson turning it into a cartoonish moon are low. There is also the first Super Bomberman's moon, which is shown in the ending and is surely not purple. I really doubt they thought about sun reflection while spriting the moon, lol!

Moreover, if the fighters in the Battle Mode represent Earth countries, doesn't that mean they naturally come from there? Bomber the Kid, for instance, seems american in the same way Bomber Uhho seems Kenyan and so on. The characters are pretty obvious references to the Earth, at the very least. Plus, Super Bomberman 5 was a retcon itself, since Planet Bomber is clearly different from the planets seen in the first four games and it still depicts places from all of them.

Moving on, by "based on reality" I mean "based on Earth's stereotypes and characters", like Indiana Jones and heroic knights. Plus, if Pocket Bomberman is followed by Bomberman Wars, it can't be really placed on Planet Bomber if the planet itself may or may not be a later concept, isn't that right? In any case, I prefer to disconsider some things and modify the story to my own needs and likes, specially if I find something too ridiculous or unreliable. Thus, pardon me, but, I discard the idea that Planet Bomber (the de facto planet, since "Planet Bomber" may as well be the name of the Earth-like one, too) was the original (not retconned) setting for the first four games in the SNES series, unless someone gives me a very good reason to do it. One thing is for sure, though: Panic Bomber W is indeed set on Earth. Plus, in my humble opinion, the place shown in Bomberman '93 is indeed... Weird. Yeah, that's the perfect word for it. AlsoČ, I dislike retcons, specially if they come for the worst. However, that is only my opinion. Feel free to discuss it, since, as I said before, Bomberman discussion and theories are surely replenishing!

Oh, and, sorry if I was rude here. I'm very sleepy, so much that I'm almost drooling, but I had to finish some issues, and let's say I'm not really nice when sleepy, if you know what I mean. In any case, sorry!

Last edited by herrDoktorat on Thu May 22, 2008 7:48 am
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1620s
Index - Back to Top