Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
When I said Earth, I didn't mean the actual planet, but the game's representation of it (since there are normal buildings and it does not look as futuristic and... "alien-like" as in '93), sorry, sorry! Super Bomberman is set on Diamond City (and the manual states that Bomberman's homeland is Peace Town, part of this so-called modern metropolis). Super Bomberman 2 seems to be set in the same place, since the same kind of buildings are used and the planet seen in the intro does not have a face or moon (at least not a visible one, as proven here and here again). Also, in the ending for the first game, a white crescent moon is shown. In Bomberman '94, a normal (albeit cartoonized) moon is shown in the ending, alongside normal buildings (although this last part proves nothing, since Super Bomberman 5 shows the bombers playing soccer). Thus, I believe Planet Bomber was a later concept, or maybe something they used once in '93 and decided to bring back in Super Bomberman 5. Personally, I prefer "Earth", since a planet with a bomber face seems kinda cheesy, but that's just me!

About the historical eras: hm, you're right, I had forgotten about Bomberman Wars. However, I just remembered two things: firstly, Super Bomberman 3 is indeed set on Earth, as proven by the Battle Mode with real life countries, which are consistent with the Story Mode's ending. Then, there's Super Bomberman 4's ending, which shows "Earth", not Planet Bomber, as seen here (good grief, I dunno how could I have forgotten about VGMuseum's amazing database). Again to clarify, I don't believe it is our real Earth, it is merely a comparison since Planet Bomber stands for the one with the giant face on it.

The GBC series also seem to be more based on reality than the other games, since it depicts (maybe for the first time, I'm not sure) Bomber the Kid, an Indiana Jones of sorts, and Hero Bomberman, a knight. On a side note, I just finished Bomberman GB and noticed Pretty Bomber appears in the end! I can't believe I didn't notice it before, geez.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1629s
Index - Back to Top