BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Shiro wrote:
the overall plot of "source energy stolen" is also equal to the SNES version.

Or rather the other way arouns since SBMan3 came after 94. Also in 94 the stage of the adventure is Planet Bomber (whose "five areas" are thrown in chaos by the theft of those control chips) whereas in SBMan3 it's a bunch of other planets that need rescuing (and the threat in the end is different too, that in 94 being so much more cool IMO).

But that is what I meant in the first place, the games that inspired the SNES collection, not that were inspired by them. I think the plots are similar in the way that something is torn apart (either control chips or relics) by five unknown forces (the Five Dastardly Bombers or the... uh, five bizarre monsters-thingies) sent by a master (probably Bagular in both cases, and although I could be wrong, I prefer to think of it that way) and it's up for Bomberman to defeat them and save the world/galaxy. The areas are also similar (except, as I said before, for the haunted mansion).

[EDIT]: You do have a nice intuition, y'know? Neo Bomberman was indeed released in 1997, one year after Super Bomberman 4 and about the same time as Super Bomberman 5. So it was really made with 4's elements, not the other way around as I said. Sorry, sorry!

About SFF and Yabause, they are Sega Saturn emulators. SSF needs something called "SS2", which comes or not with the computer's processor. Mine is the second case, so I can only play using Yabause, another very good, but currently not enough developed, emulator. I'd get a Sega Saturn myself, but they're kinda expensive here in Brazil (about $320,00) so it's a no-deal, really.

Concluding, in regards to Bomberman 64, you are right but wrong at the same time. I dug around a little and found that the PSX's Bomberman Land was indeed released before (2000), but, as far as I know, Bomberman 64 seems to be a conventional bomb'em-up with additional modes. Buuuut, since I don't understand japanese and therefore can't play through all modes, I may be wrong.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1476s
Index - Back to Top