Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
this Bomberman seems to be a fusion of Bomberman II (for the NES) with Bomberman 93', but since I do not know which came first, I can't say anything for sure.

As far as I can tell, Bomberman II on NES was released after the first Bomberman on PCE and before 93. In turn, 93 was released before Super Bomberman, after which came 94 and then the rest of the SNES games. It's not really clear when exactly Neo Bomberman came along. I would say some time after Super Bomberman 5 (and possibly Bomberman 64).

Shiro wrote:
the overall plot of "source energy stolen" is also equal to the SNES version.

Or rather the other way arouns since SBMan3 came after 94. Also in 94 the stage of the adventure is Planet Bomber (whose "five areas" are thrown in chaos by the theft of those control chips) whereas in SBMan3 it's a bunch of other planets that need rescuing (and the threat in the end is different too, that in 94 being so much more cool IMO)

Shiro wrote:
If SSF worked here, I'd play through Saturn Bomberman (I CAN play, but only in Yabause

What's that?

Shiro wrote:
Bomberman 64 (the 2001 version) is also the first one to sport the chibi, oval-head style seen in the very first Land games

That would be because (AFAIK) Bomberman 64 (2001) is a Nintendo 64 port of Bomberman Land with some games added to the mix.

Shiro wrote:
but not many people have played it (it's actually pretty fun).

Me being one of those who didn't. So I could well be wrong in my previous statement. But I am quite certain Bomberman Land (on PS1) was the first game to come up with the chibi style.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1558s
Index - Back to Top