Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman discussion!
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:19 am  Reply with quote + 
Original Topic wrote:
NeoGeo and PC Engine Bomberman games that inspired the SNES collection! I'm a fanboy, and I plan to open a Bomberman fansite very soon, although not in english, so I began a quest to play every Bomberman game available to me (except Land ones). First, Bomberman '93! It has all, and I mean ALL of Super Bomberman 3's BGMs, albeit with a different remix. Even the intro music is the same (and is also seen in the PC Engine game Bomberman). Speaking of which, this Bomberman seems to be a fusion of Bomberman II (for the NES) with Bomberman 93', but since I do not know which came first, I can't say anything for sure. Then, Bomberman 94' (also known as Mega Bomberman). The story is somewhat the same as Super Bomberman 3, although the Five Dastardly Bombers aren't present. The stages are of the same theme (except the would-be Brain Bomber's stage: it's a haunted house, much more fitting in my humble opinion) and the overall plot of "source energy stolen" is also equal to the SNES version.

Now, Neo Bomberman. It has the same, uh, "mutant" pets Super Bomberman 4 has. You know, those strange, metallic eggs? You can also rescue your comrades in some stages. Remind you of something? Everything else is different, except, maybe, for Honey & Kotetsu being characters available in the Battle Mode, but that's not -really- new. If SSF worked here, I'd play through Saturn Bomberman (I CAN play, but only in Yabause, and I dislike playing with high frame skip and bugged music), since it's one of the best in the series. In any case, Bomberman 64 (the 2001 version) is also the first one to sport the chibi, oval-head style seen in the very first Land games and that DS Bomberman, but not many people have played it (it's actually pretty fun).

Phew! I love finding things like that. Now if only I could put my hands on high-quality RAW of the animations in between the commercials of the Super Bomberman 2 thirteen commercials video and the Super Bomberman 3 instruction manual... Sigh, impossible. Sooooo... Just sharing information, lol, since I can't really talk about this with anyone else.

Since this turned into a Bomberman series and storyline discussion, the title is now more fitting. I must remember to save all of this information later, as it is very precious for a fanboy like myself, hehe!

[NOTE]: This topic has heavy spoilers. If you don't want to be spoiled, stop now. Close the window. Go watch Jetters or something.

Last edited by herrDoktorat on Tue May 27, 2008 12:51 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1215s
Index - Back to Top